Jun 25, 2013, 10:03 PM EDT
Following a 18-14 season in 2012-2013, Air Force Academy head coach Dave Pilipovich will receive a five-year extension. It is expected to be officially announced sometime this week.
Dan Wolken of USA Today was the first to report this news, receiving information from someone with knowledge of the situation, though requested anonymity. Jeff Goodman of ESPN later reported the news after confirming it with a source.
Pilipovich took over the program in February 2012 under a interim basis after Jeff Reynolds was relieved of his duties. Less than a month later, Pilipovich the interim label was removed. He had served as an assistant coach for five years before the start of his first full season as head coach this past fall.
The Falcons finished 8-8 in the Mountain West Conference, which was good for sixth place, trailing five NCAA tournament teams. Pilipovich was able to lead Air Force to wins over Boise State, San Diego State (ranked 22nd at the time), UNLV and New Mexico — ranked 12th at the time) during the his first full season. He also got Air Force into a postseason tournament, making it to the second round of the CollegeInsider.com Tournament.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)