Jun 25, 2013, 7:23 PM EDT
Tuesday night Jay Wright and the Villanova Wildcats received its first commitment in the Class of 2014 with top-100 small forward Mikal Bridges (Great Valley High/Malvern, Pa.).
This news was reported by multiple outlets, citing sources, though Rivals National Basketball Recruiting Analyst Eric Bossi confirmed the commitment from Bridges’ coach Rob Brown of Team Final.
Bridges had been on an unofficial visit to Nova earlier this month where he was offered a scholarship. He was on the Penn State campus this past Sunday on another unofficial visit. The 6-foot-6 wing picked the Wildcats over offers from Florida, Charlotte, Xavier, La Salle, Penn State, Seton Hall, South Carolina and Virginia Tech.
The future Wildcat has been considered a late-bloomer and while playing AAU this spring has seen his stock rise earn multiple high-major D1 offers since April.
Playing with Team Final in the EYBL, he is second on this team in third scoring and second rebounding, averaging 10.7 points and 5.4 boards per game.
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)