Jun 25, 2013, 7:23 PM EDT
Tuesday night Jay Wright and the Villanova Wildcats received its first commitment in the Class of 2014 with top-100 small forward Mikal Bridges (Great Valley High/Malvern, Pa.).
This news was reported by multiple outlets, citing sources, though Rivals National Basketball Recruiting Analyst Eric Bossi confirmed the commitment from Bridges’ coach Rob Brown of Team Final.
Bridges had been on an unofficial visit to Nova earlier this month where he was offered a scholarship. He was on the Penn State campus this past Sunday on another unofficial visit. The 6-foot-6 wing picked the Wildcats over offers from Florida, Charlotte, Xavier, La Salle, Penn State, Seton Hall, South Carolina and Virginia Tech.
The future Wildcat has been considered a late-bloomer and while playing AAU this spring has seen his stock rise earn multiple high-major D1 offers since April.
Playing with Team Final in the EYBL, he is second on this team in third scoring and second rebounding, averaging 10.7 points and 5.4 boards per game.
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 1
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 3
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)