Jun 25, 2013, 7:23 PM EDT
Tuesday night Jay Wright and the Villanova Wildcats received its first commitment in the Class of 2014 with top-100 small forward Mikal Bridges (Great Valley High/Malvern, Pa.).
This news was reported by multiple outlets, citing sources, though Rivals National Basketball Recruiting Analyst Eric Bossi confirmed the commitment from Bridges’ coach Rob Brown of Team Final.
Bridges had been on an unofficial visit to Nova earlier this month where he was offered a scholarship. He was on the Penn State campus this past Sunday on another unofficial visit. The 6-foot-6 wing picked the Wildcats over offers from Florida, Charlotte, Xavier, La Salle, Penn State, Seton Hall, South Carolina and Virginia Tech.
The future Wildcat has been considered a late-bloomer and while playing AAU this spring has seen his stock rise earn multiple high-major D1 offers since April.
Playing with Team Final in the EYBL, he is second on this team in third scoring and second rebounding, averaging 10.7 points and 5.4 boards per game.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)