Jun 27, 2013, 11:02 AM EDT
We can sit here and debate all day long about what the best college basketball rivalry is.
Duke-Carolina. Xavier-Cincinnati. Michigan-Michigan State. Kansas-Missouri. That’s only naming a few.
What’s inarguable, however, is the fact that right now, at this very moment, there is nowhere in college hoops where the hatred is as pure or as powerful as it is between the fanbases of the Louisville Cardinals and the Kentucky Wildcats.
Red vs. Blue. City vs. Country. As Mike Rutherford of Card Chronicle puts it in the trailer above, “it’s cultural warfare in the form of a 40 minute basketball game.” And now, not only have they won the last two national titles, the ‘Cats and the Cards head into the 2013-2014 as the No. 1 and the No. 2 teams in the country.
And Adam Lefkoe and company were there to film it every step of the way. They got lucky, really, as the two years that they filmed this documentary happened to result in a national title for each team. But that should only make you more excited for ‘The Rivalry: Red vs. Blue’ to come out.
I’ll be waiting patiently for the documentary to come out.
And I’ll be mad if I don’t get a VIP seat to the premiere.
To donate to their Kickstarter, click here.
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 31
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 6
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (31)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (8)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (6)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)