Jun 27, 2013, 11:02 AM EDT
We can sit here and debate all day long about what the best college basketball rivalry is.
Duke-Carolina. Xavier-Cincinnati. Michigan-Michigan State. Kansas-Missouri. That’s only naming a few.
What’s inarguable, however, is the fact that right now, at this very moment, there is nowhere in college hoops where the hatred is as pure or as powerful as it is between the fanbases of the Louisville Cardinals and the Kentucky Wildcats.
Red vs. Blue. City vs. Country. As Mike Rutherford of Card Chronicle puts it in the trailer above, “it’s cultural warfare in the form of a 40 minute basketball game.” And now, not only have they won the last two national titles, the ‘Cats and the Cards head into the 2013-2014 as the No. 1 and the No. 2 teams in the country.
And Adam Lefkoe and company were there to film it every step of the way. They got lucky, really, as the two years that they filmed this documentary happened to result in a national title for each team. But that should only make you more excited for ‘The Rivalry: Red vs. Blue’ to come out.
I’ll be waiting patiently for the documentary to come out.
And I’ll be mad if I don’t get a VIP seat to the premiere.
To donate to their Kickstarter, click here.
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 0
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)