Jun 27, 2013, 11:02 AM EDT
We can sit here and debate all day long about what the best college basketball rivalry is.
Duke-Carolina. Xavier-Cincinnati. Michigan-Michigan State. Kansas-Missouri. That’s only naming a few.
What’s inarguable, however, is the fact that right now, at this very moment, there is nowhere in college hoops where the hatred is as pure or as powerful as it is between the fanbases of the Louisville Cardinals and the Kentucky Wildcats.
Red vs. Blue. City vs. Country. As Mike Rutherford of Card Chronicle puts it in the trailer above, “it’s cultural warfare in the form of a 40 minute basketball game.” And now, not only have they won the last two national titles, the ‘Cats and the Cards head into the 2013-2014 as the No. 1 and the No. 2 teams in the country.
And Adam Lefkoe and company were there to film it every step of the way. They got lucky, really, as the two years that they filmed this documentary happened to result in a national title for each team. But that should only make you more excited for ‘The Rivalry: Red vs. Blue’ to come out.
I’ll be waiting patiently for the documentary to come out.
And I’ll be mad if I don’t get a VIP seat to the premiere.
To donate to their Kickstarter, click here.
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)