Jun 27, 2013, 11:02 AM EDT
We can sit here and debate all day long about what the best college basketball rivalry is.
Duke-Carolina. Xavier-Cincinnati. Michigan-Michigan State. Kansas-Missouri. That’s only naming a few.
What’s inarguable, however, is the fact that right now, at this very moment, there is nowhere in college hoops where the hatred is as pure or as powerful as it is between the fanbases of the Louisville Cardinals and the Kentucky Wildcats.
Red vs. Blue. City vs. Country. As Mike Rutherford of Card Chronicle puts it in the trailer above, “it’s cultural warfare in the form of a 40 minute basketball game.” And now, not only have they won the last two national titles, the ‘Cats and the Cards head into the 2013-2014 as the No. 1 and the No. 2 teams in the country.
And Adam Lefkoe and company were there to film it every step of the way. They got lucky, really, as the two years that they filmed this documentary happened to result in a national title for each team. But that should only make you more excited for ‘The Rivalry: Red vs. Blue’ to come out.
I’ll be waiting patiently for the documentary to come out.
And I’ll be mad if I don’t get a VIP seat to the premiere.
To donate to their Kickstarter, click here.
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 3
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 3
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft (3)