Jun 27, 2013, 11:02 AM EDT
We can sit here and debate all day long about what the best college basketball rivalry is.
Duke-Carolina. Xavier-Cincinnati. Michigan-Michigan State. Kansas-Missouri. That’s only naming a few.
What’s inarguable, however, is the fact that right now, at this very moment, there is nowhere in college hoops where the hatred is as pure or as powerful as it is between the fanbases of the Louisville Cardinals and the Kentucky Wildcats.
Red vs. Blue. City vs. Country. As Mike Rutherford of Card Chronicle puts it in the trailer above, “it’s cultural warfare in the form of a 40 minute basketball game.” And now, not only have they won the last two national titles, the ‘Cats and the Cards head into the 2013-2014 as the No. 1 and the No. 2 teams in the country.
And Adam Lefkoe and company were there to film it every step of the way. They got lucky, really, as the two years that they filmed this documentary happened to result in a national title for each team. But that should only make you more excited for ‘The Rivalry: Red vs. Blue’ to come out.
I’ll be waiting patiently for the documentary to come out.
And I’ll be mad if I don’t get a VIP seat to the premiere.
To donate to their Kickstarter, click here.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)