Jun 27, 2013, 9:50 PM EDT
After averaging more than 11 points per game as a sophomore, Texas guard Julien Lewis made the decision to transfer with the hope that he’ll be even more successful at another institution.
In the midst of the NBA Draft it was learned where Lewis will transfer to, as Mark Berman of Fox 26 Houston reported that Lewis will move on to Fresno State. After sitting out the 2013-14 season Lewis will have two years of eligibility remaining.
“I’m going to Fresno State,” Lewis told Berman. “It feels real good getting that off my back. Now I can go and start my new journey, getting back to work again and making things happen for the school.”
Lewis won’t be able to help the Bulldogs in game action this season, but he joins a program that currently has just two other upperclassmen in guards Allen Huddleston and Tyler Johnson.
Fresno State did lose Kevin Olekaibe as the guard made the decision to transfer to UNLV in order to be closer to his ailing father, but the Bulldogs do welcome Oklahoma State transfer Cesar Guerrero and three newcomers including forwards Soma Edo and Paul Watson.
With rising sophomores Braeden Anderson and Robert Upshaw having a full offseason to work with the coaching staff, the hope is that Fresno State can be one of the most improved teams in the Mountain West next season.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)