Jun 27, 2013, 9:50 PM EST
After averaging more than 11 points per game as a sophomore, Texas guard Julien Lewis made the decision to transfer with the hope that he’ll be even more successful at another institution.
In the midst of the NBA Draft it was learned where Lewis will transfer to, as Mark Berman of Fox 26 Houston reported that Lewis will move on to Fresno State. After sitting out the 2013-14 season Lewis will have two years of eligibility remaining.
“I’m going to Fresno State,” Lewis told Berman. “It feels real good getting that off my back. Now I can go and start my new journey, getting back to work again and making things happen for the school.”
Lewis won’t be able to help the Bulldogs in game action this season, but he joins a program that currently has just two other upperclassmen in guards Allen Huddleston and Tyler Johnson.
Fresno State did lose Kevin Olekaibe as the guard made the decision to transfer to UNLV in order to be closer to his ailing father, but the Bulldogs do welcome Oklahoma State transfer Cesar Guerrero and three newcomers including forwards Soma Edo and Paul Watson.
With rising sophomores Braeden Anderson and Robert Upshaw having a full offseason to work with the coaching staff, the hope is that Fresno State can be one of the most improved teams in the Mountain West next season.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 12
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 3
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (12)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)