Jun 27, 2013, 9:50 PM EDT
After averaging more than 11 points per game as a sophomore, Texas guard Julien Lewis made the decision to transfer with the hope that he’ll be even more successful at another institution.
In the midst of the NBA Draft it was learned where Lewis will transfer to, as Mark Berman of Fox 26 Houston reported that Lewis will move on to Fresno State. After sitting out the 2013-14 season Lewis will have two years of eligibility remaining.
“I’m going to Fresno State,” Lewis told Berman. “It feels real good getting that off my back. Now I can go and start my new journey, getting back to work again and making things happen for the school.”
Lewis won’t be able to help the Bulldogs in game action this season, but he joins a program that currently has just two other upperclassmen in guards Allen Huddleston and Tyler Johnson.
Fresno State did lose Kevin Olekaibe as the guard made the decision to transfer to UNLV in order to be closer to his ailing father, but the Bulldogs do welcome Oklahoma State transfer Cesar Guerrero and three newcomers including forwards Soma Edo and Paul Watson.
With rising sophomores Braeden Anderson and Robert Upshaw having a full offseason to work with the coaching staff, the hope is that Fresno State can be one of the most improved teams in the Mountain West next season.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)