Jun 27, 2013, 1:12 PM EDT
Auburn transfer Jordan Price has committed to La Salle, according to a report from Jon Rothstein, and he will have three years of eligibility remaining beginning in 2014-2015.
Price averaged 5.4 points as a freshman at Auburn, but after missing a month in the middle of the season, Price never returned to form. He scored in double-figures in four of the last six games before suffering a foot injury, but returned in mid-January and only reached double-figures once the rest of the season. During that double-figure scoring streak, Price his 11 consecutive threes at one point, but made just 11 threes after returning.
Price, who was ranked 79th nationally by Rivals in the Class of 2012, will be the latest in what has become a long line of back court transfers to thrive for John Giannini at La Salle. Ramon Galloway, a South Carolina transfer, was one of the most entertaining players in the country last season, helping to lead the Explorers from a play-in game into the Sweet 16. Tyrone Garland, who transferred in from Virginia Tech, is expected to do the same this year.
Price could have that same kind of impact at La Salle if he buys into reinventing himself.
Giannini had success last season by spreading the floor and allowing his talented guards to create. It will be interesting to see if that style of the play allows him to start tapping into the back court talent that Philly high schools alway seem to produce.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Kyle Wiltjer to return to Gonzaga for his senior season 0
- Utah’s Jakob Poeltl will return to school for his sophomore season 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Former Kansas State guard transferring to Creighton 0
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)