Jun 27, 2013, 1:12 PM EDT
Auburn transfer Jordan Price has committed to La Salle, according to a report from Jon Rothstein, and he will have three years of eligibility remaining beginning in 2014-2015.
Price averaged 5.4 points as a freshman at Auburn, but after missing a month in the middle of the season, Price never returned to form. He scored in double-figures in four of the last six games before suffering a foot injury, but returned in mid-January and only reached double-figures once the rest of the season. During that double-figure scoring streak, Price his 11 consecutive threes at one point, but made just 11 threes after returning.
Price, who was ranked 79th nationally by Rivals in the Class of 2012, will be the latest in what has become a long line of back court transfers to thrive for John Giannini at La Salle. Ramon Galloway, a South Carolina transfer, was one of the most entertaining players in the country last season, helping to lead the Explorers from a play-in game into the Sweet 16. Tyrone Garland, who transferred in from Virginia Tech, is expected to do the same this year.
Price could have that same kind of impact at La Salle if he buys into reinventing himself.
Giannini had success last season by spreading the floor and allowing his talented guards to create. It will be interesting to see if that style of the play allows him to start tapping into the back court talent that Philly high schools alway seem to produce.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 1
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 2
- Arizona lands four-star center to potential No. 1 recruiting class in 2015 0
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility 3
- In-state power forward verbally commits to UConn 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight 6
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility (3)
- Villanova lands commitment from five-star point guard Jalen Brunson (2)