Jun 27, 2013, 1:12 PM EST
Auburn transfer Jordan Price has committed to La Salle, according to a report from Jon Rothstein, and he will have three years of eligibility remaining beginning in 2014-2015.
Price averaged 5.4 points as a freshman at Auburn, but after missing a month in the middle of the season, Price never returned to form. He scored in double-figures in four of the last six games before suffering a foot injury, but returned in mid-January and only reached double-figures once the rest of the season. During that double-figure scoring streak, Price his 11 consecutive threes at one point, but made just 11 threes after returning.
Price, who was ranked 79th nationally by Rivals in the Class of 2012, will be the latest in what has become a long line of back court transfers to thrive for John Giannini at La Salle. Ramon Galloway, a South Carolina transfer, was one of the most entertaining players in the country last season, helping to lead the Explorers from a play-in game into the Sweet 16. Tyrone Garland, who transferred in from Virginia Tech, is expected to do the same this year.
Price could have that same kind of impact at La Salle if he buys into reinventing himself.
Giannini had success last season by spreading the floor and allowing his talented guards to create. It will be interesting to see if that style of the play allows him to start tapping into the back court talent that Philly high schools alway seem to produce.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Wisconsin wins 2014 Battle 4 Atlantis with 69-56 win over Oklahoma 0
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 1
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)