Jun 27, 2013, 1:12 PM EDT
Auburn transfer Jordan Price has committed to La Salle, according to a report from Jon Rothstein, and he will have three years of eligibility remaining beginning in 2014-2015.
Price averaged 5.4 points as a freshman at Auburn, but after missing a month in the middle of the season, Price never returned to form. He scored in double-figures in four of the last six games before suffering a foot injury, but returned in mid-January and only reached double-figures once the rest of the season. During that double-figure scoring streak, Price his 11 consecutive threes at one point, but made just 11 threes after returning.
Price, who was ranked 79th nationally by Rivals in the Class of 2012, will be the latest in what has become a long line of back court transfers to thrive for John Giannini at La Salle. Ramon Galloway, a South Carolina transfer, was one of the most entertaining players in the country last season, helping to lead the Explorers from a play-in game into the Sweet 16. Tyrone Garland, who transferred in from Virginia Tech, is expected to do the same this year.
Price could have that same kind of impact at La Salle if he buys into reinventing himself.
Giannini had success last season by spreading the floor and allowing his talented guards to create. It will be interesting to see if that style of the play allows him to start tapping into the back court talent that Philly high schools alway seem to produce.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)