Jun 27, 2013, 1:12 PM EST
Auburn transfer Jordan Price has committed to La Salle, according to a report from Jon Rothstein, and he will have three years of eligibility remaining beginning in 2014-2015.
Price averaged 5.4 points as a freshman at Auburn, but after missing a month in the middle of the season, Price never returned to form. He scored in double-figures in four of the last six games before suffering a foot injury, but returned in mid-January and only reached double-figures once the rest of the season. During that double-figure scoring streak, Price his 11 consecutive threes at one point, but made just 11 threes after returning.
Price, who was ranked 79th nationally by Rivals in the Class of 2012, will be the latest in what has become a long line of back court transfers to thrive for John Giannini at La Salle. Ramon Galloway, a South Carolina transfer, was one of the most entertaining players in the country last season, helping to lead the Explorers from a play-in game into the Sweet 16. Tyrone Garland, who transferred in from Virginia Tech, is expected to do the same this year.
Price could have that same kind of impact at La Salle if he buys into reinventing himself.
Giannini had success last season by spreading the floor and allowing his talented guards to create. It will be interesting to see if that style of the play allows him to start tapping into the back court talent that Philly high schools alway seem to produce.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again 2
- CBT Weekly Roundtable: Figuring out the ACC 0
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games 4
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? 5
- North Carolina shows up ready to compete, knocks off No. 1 Michigan State 2
- Marshall Henderson’s on-court antics aren’t changing. Deal with it (5)
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (4)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25 rankings (2)