Jun 27, 2013, 2:06 PM EDT
Ladies and gentlemen, our dream has come true.
The dream isn’t that Raftery is leaving ESPN, because his presence alongside Sean McDonough and Jay Bilas on Big Monday was one of the best boothes in the history of college basketball broadcasting.
No, the dream that I’m referring to is a nugget that is tucked in the first paragraph of the release Fox Sports 1 sent out:
“Bill Raftery [will] serve as lead Big East game analyst, teaming with the incomparable Gus Johnson on regular season and all Big East Men’s Basketball Tournament game.”
ARE YOU FREAKIN’ KIDDING ME?!?
This is duo we’ve been dreaming about for years. It’s never been more important that right now for the Big East to find a way to continue to remain nationally relevant, because there’s not much in this world that is better than a exciting game with major implications being called by these two. You want proof? BOOM:
Raft will still call NCAA tournament games for CBS.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 0
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 3
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- Karl-Anthony Towns becomes Kentucky’s third top overall pick in program history 1
- Syracuse makes it official that Mike Hopkins will take over in 2018 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- Five-star guard to announce college choice Wednesday evening (5)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Jamal Murray’s commitment a huge boost for Kentucky (4)