Jun 27, 2013, 2:06 PM EDT
Ladies and gentlemen, our dream has come true.
The dream isn’t that Raftery is leaving ESPN, because his presence alongside Sean McDonough and Jay Bilas on Big Monday was one of the best boothes in the history of college basketball broadcasting.
No, the dream that I’m referring to is a nugget that is tucked in the first paragraph of the release Fox Sports 1 sent out:
“Bill Raftery [will] serve as lead Big East game analyst, teaming with the incomparable Gus Johnson on regular season and all Big East Men’s Basketball Tournament game.”
ARE YOU FREAKIN’ KIDDING ME?!?
This is duo we’ve been dreaming about for years. It’s never been more important that right now for the Big East to find a way to continue to remain nationally relevant, because there’s not much in this world that is better than a exciting game with major implications being called by these two. You want proof? BOOM:
Raft will still call NCAA tournament games for CBS.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 6
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 6
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 7
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 7
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 68
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 9
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 16
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (68)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (26)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)