Jun 27, 2013, 2:06 PM EST
Ladies and gentlemen, our dream has come true.
The dream isn’t that Raftery is leaving ESPN, because his presence alongside Sean McDonough and Jay Bilas on Big Monday was one of the best boothes in the history of college basketball broadcasting.
No, the dream that I’m referring to is a nugget that is tucked in the first paragraph of the release Fox Sports 1 sent out:
“Bill Raftery [will] serve as lead Big East game analyst, teaming with the incomparable Gus Johnson on regular season and all Big East Men’s Basketball Tournament game.”
ARE YOU FREAKIN’ KIDDING ME?!?
This is duo we’ve been dreaming about for years. It’s never been more important that right now for the Big East to find a way to continue to remain nationally relevant, because there’s not much in this world that is better than a exciting game with major implications being called by these two. You want proof? BOOM:
Raft will still call NCAA tournament games for CBS.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 1
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)