Jun 27, 2013, 2:06 PM EDT
Ladies and gentlemen, our dream has come true.
The dream isn’t that Raftery is leaving ESPN, because his presence alongside Sean McDonough and Jay Bilas on Big Monday was one of the best boothes in the history of college basketball broadcasting.
No, the dream that I’m referring to is a nugget that is tucked in the first paragraph of the release Fox Sports 1 sent out:
“Bill Raftery [will] serve as lead Big East game analyst, teaming with the incomparable Gus Johnson on regular season and all Big East Men’s Basketball Tournament game.”
ARE YOU FREAKIN’ KIDDING ME?!?
This is duo we’ve been dreaming about for years. It’s never been more important that right now for the Big East to find a way to continue to remain nationally relevant, because there’s not much in this world that is better than a exciting game with major implications being called by these two. You want proof? BOOM:
Raft will still call NCAA tournament games for CBS.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Norman Powell sees defense, rebounding as keys for UCLA 0
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)