Jun 27, 2013, 9:27 AM EST
You never heard of Christian Terrell.
I had never heard of him, either. Recruiting analysts probably didn’t have much of an idea who he was until Wednesday, when the video of the dunk you see above made its way onto the internet.
And all of a sudden, a 6-foot-2 guard from Jacksonville was on Sportscenter.
Quite the meteoric rise for a kid that currently holds just three scholarship offers, according to 247Sports: Jacksonville, Appalachian State and, obviously, #DunkCity, Florida Gulf Coast.
I think we all know where he needs to go to school.
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 0
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 1
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 3
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)