Jun 27, 2013, 11:37 AM EDT
Three months after the fact, the NCAA is finally taking action against those that broke their rules during the NCAA tournament.
With verbal reprimands.
First, it was Bill Self getting punished for going all fists of fury on the scorer’s table. Then, it was Marshall Henderson feeling the wrath of an NCAA statement in June for flipping off the crowd after Ole Miss lost.
And finally, it’s Darron Boatright’s turn.
Wichita State’s senior associate athletics director, Boatright received his reprimand for a verbal confrontation that he had with Staples Center security when the Shockers beat La Salle in the Sweet 16.
“The expectations for all championship participants, including athletics administrators, are to act in a manner that represents the highest standards of sportsmanship,” said Ron Wellman, chair of the Division I Men’s Basketball Committee and athletic director at Wake Forest.
That’ll teach him!
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0