Jun 27, 2013, 11:37 AM EDT
Three months after the fact, the NCAA is finally taking action against those that broke their rules during the NCAA tournament.
With verbal reprimands.
First, it was Bill Self getting punished for going all fists of fury on the scorer’s table. Then, it was Marshall Henderson feeling the wrath of an NCAA statement in June for flipping off the crowd after Ole Miss lost.
And finally, it’s Darron Boatright’s turn.
Wichita State’s senior associate athletics director, Boatright received his reprimand for a verbal confrontation that he had with Staples Center security when the Shockers beat La Salle in the Sweet 16.
“The expectations for all championship participants, including athletics administrators, are to act in a manner that represents the highest standards of sportsmanship,” said Ron Wellman, chair of the Division I Men’s Basketball Committee and athletic director at Wake Forest.
That’ll teach him!
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 1
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)