Jun 27, 2013, 11:37 AM EDT
Three months after the fact, the NCAA is finally taking action against those that broke their rules during the NCAA tournament.
With verbal reprimands.
First, it was Bill Self getting punished for going all fists of fury on the scorer’s table. Then, it was Marshall Henderson feeling the wrath of an NCAA statement in June for flipping off the crowd after Ole Miss lost.
And finally, it’s Darron Boatright’s turn.
Wichita State’s senior associate athletics director, Boatright received his reprimand for a verbal confrontation that he had with Staples Center security when the Shockers beat La Salle in the Sweet 16.
“The expectations for all championship participants, including athletics administrators, are to act in a manner that represents the highest standards of sportsmanship,” said Ron Wellman, chair of the Division I Men’s Basketball Committee and athletic director at Wake Forest.
That’ll teach him!
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)