Jun 27, 2013, 11:37 AM EDT
Three months after the fact, the NCAA is finally taking action against those that broke their rules during the NCAA tournament.
With verbal reprimands.
First, it was Bill Self getting punished for going all fists of fury on the scorer’s table. Then, it was Marshall Henderson feeling the wrath of an NCAA statement in June for flipping off the crowd after Ole Miss lost.
And finally, it’s Darron Boatright’s turn.
Wichita State’s senior associate athletics director, Boatright received his reprimand for a verbal confrontation that he had with Staples Center security when the Shockers beat La Salle in the Sweet 16.
“The expectations for all championship participants, including athletics administrators, are to act in a manner that represents the highest standards of sportsmanship,” said Ron Wellman, chair of the Division I Men’s Basketball Committee and athletic director at Wake Forest.
That’ll teach him!
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)