Jun 28, 2013, 7:20 PM EDT
Missouri head coach Frank Haith landed his first commitment in the Class of 2014 Friday, as 6-4 shooting guard Chris Sandifer (Gardena, Ca.) verbally committed to attend the SEC school while on a visit.
Sandifer confirmed the news via his Twitter account.
A shooting guard at Junipero Serra HS in Gardena, Sandifer played on a high school team that finished with a 20-6 record in 2012-13 and won the CIF 4AA title.
Sandifer is currently ranked 85th on 247Sports.com‘s composite rankings list, which takes into account player rankings from the major scouting services.
Effective in regards to getting to the basket off the dribble, Sandifer will join a backcourt that currently consists of point guards Wes Clark and Shane Rector, and shooting guards Jabari Brown and Jordan Clarkson.
Baylor transfer Deuce Bello will sit out the 2013-14 season per NCAA transfer rules, and he’ll have two years of eligibility remaining beginning with the 2014-15 campaign.
According to Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com, Sandifer also considered Colorado, San Diego St., Minnesota and Washington State.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)