Jun 28, 2013, 7:20 PM EDT
Missouri head coach Frank Haith landed his first commitment in the Class of 2014 Friday, as 6-4 shooting guard Chris Sandifer (Gardena, Ca.) verbally committed to attend the SEC school while on a visit.
Sandifer confirmed the news via his Twitter account.
A shooting guard at Junipero Serra HS in Gardena, Sandifer played on a high school team that finished with a 20-6 record in 2012-13 and won the CIF 4AA title.
Sandifer is currently ranked 85th on 247Sports.com‘s composite rankings list, which takes into account player rankings from the major scouting services.
Effective in regards to getting to the basket off the dribble, Sandifer will join a backcourt that currently consists of point guards Wes Clark and Shane Rector, and shooting guards Jabari Brown and Jordan Clarkson.
Baylor transfer Deuce Bello will sit out the 2013-14 season per NCAA transfer rules, and he’ll have two years of eligibility remaining beginning with the 2014-15 campaign.
According to Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com, Sandifer also considered Colorado, San Diego St., Minnesota and Washington State.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)
- Seton Hall to give scholarship basketball players $2,600 towards cost of attendance (1)
- Indiana president none too pleased with recent legal issues involving student-athletes (1)
- Throwback Thursday: When we realized Russell Westbrook was a freak (VIDEO) (1)