Jun 28, 2013, 7:20 PM EST
Missouri head coach Frank Haith landed his first commitment in the Class of 2014 Friday, as 6-4 shooting guard Chris Sandifer (Gardena, Ca.) verbally committed to attend the SEC school while on a visit.
Sandifer confirmed the news via his Twitter account.
Really excited to be at Missouri tiger!—
Chris Sandifer (@chris_ctmd14) June 28, 2013
A shooting guard at Junipero Serra HS in Gardena, Sandifer played on a high school team that finished with a 20-6 record in 2012-13 and won the CIF 4AA title.
Sandifer is currently ranked 85th on 247Sports.com‘s composite rankings list, which takes into account player rankings from the major scouting services.
Effective in regards to getting to the basket off the dribble, Sandifer will join a backcourt that currently consists of point guards Wes Clark and Shane Rector, and shooting guards Jabari Brown and Jordan Clarkson.
Baylor transfer Deuce Bello will sit out the 2013-14 season per NCAA transfer rules, and he’ll have two years of eligibility remaining beginning with the 2014-15 campaign.
According to Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com, Sandifer also considered Colorado, San Diego St., Minnesota and Washington State.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Team 0
- CBT Weekly Roundtable: Who are the top five teams as of today? 1
- The Chase for 180: Jahii Carson’s improved jump shot 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top Ten Most Surprising Teams 1
- Two losses in a row? Three in 11 days? Oh well. Don’t give up on Kansas just yet 2
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (6)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (4)
- Congratulations to Dickie V on 35 years of broadcasting (VIDEO) (3)
- VCU’s half court scoring issues becoming a concern? (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)