Jun 28, 2013, 7:20 PM EDT
Missouri head coach Frank Haith landed his first commitment in the Class of 2014 Friday, as 6-4 shooting guard Chris Sandifer (Gardena, Ca.) verbally committed to attend the SEC school while on a visit.
Sandifer confirmed the news via his Twitter account.
Really excited to be at Missouri tiger!—
Chris Sandifer (@chris_ctmd14) June 28, 2013
A shooting guard at Junipero Serra HS in Gardena, Sandifer played on a high school team that finished with a 20-6 record in 2012-13 and won the CIF 4AA title.
Sandifer is currently ranked 85th on 247Sports.com‘s composite rankings list, which takes into account player rankings from the major scouting services.
Effective in regards to getting to the basket off the dribble, Sandifer will join a backcourt that currently consists of point guards Wes Clark and Shane Rector, and shooting guards Jabari Brown and Jordan Clarkson.
Baylor transfer Deuce Bello will sit out the 2013-14 season per NCAA transfer rules, and he’ll have two years of eligibility remaining beginning with the 2014-15 campaign.
According to Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com, Sandifer also considered Colorado, San Diego St., Minnesota and Washington State.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 0
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- ‘Value Add’ stat projects Utah’s Delon Wright as having a historic season 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Bruce Pearl gets welcomed by Auburn team, students after NCAA show-cause ends (VIDEO) 0
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (3)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)