Jun 28, 2013, 10:10 PM EDT
After a freshman season in which he played 11.6 minutes per game and posted averages of 3.3 points and 2.0 rebounds per contest, 6-3 freshman guard Justin Seymour and Utah head coach Larry Krystowiak mutually decided that transferring may be in his best interest.
On Friday it was reported by OnTheRadarHoops.com that Seymour has decided to transfer to Murray State. After sitting out the 2013-14 campaign, Seymour will have three years of eligibility remaining.
Seymour saw his playing time diminish in Pac-12 play, as he received double-digit minutes in just three of the Utes’ 18 league games and did not play in any of Utah’s final four contests. A native of Marietta, Ga., Seymour was at one point thought to have an important role in the Utah program down the line.
Seymour is the second transfer to join the Murray State program this offseason, joining former Clemson guard T.J. Sapp. Head coach Steve Prohm also adds three other newcomers in guard Cameron Payne and forwards Jonathan Fairell and Jarvis Williams.
Next season Murray State will have to account for the departure of the winningest class in school history, and the departing seniors include guard Isaiah Canaan and forward Ed Daniel.
Murray State finished the 2012-13 season with a 21-10 record, losing to Belmont in the OVC tournament title game.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)