Jun 28, 2013, 10:10 PM EDT
After a freshman season in which he played 11.6 minutes per game and posted averages of 3.3 points and 2.0 rebounds per contest, 6-3 freshman guard Justin Seymour and Utah head coach Larry Krystowiak mutually decided that transferring may be in his best interest.
On Friday it was reported by OnTheRadarHoops.com that Seymour has decided to transfer to Murray State. After sitting out the 2013-14 campaign, Seymour will have three years of eligibility remaining.
Seymour saw his playing time diminish in Pac-12 play, as he received double-digit minutes in just three of the Utes’ 18 league games and did not play in any of Utah’s final four contests. A native of Marietta, Ga., Seymour was at one point thought to have an important role in the Utah program down the line.
Seymour is the second transfer to join the Murray State program this offseason, joining former Clemson guard T.J. Sapp. Head coach Steve Prohm also adds three other newcomers in guard Cameron Payne and forwards Jonathan Fairell and Jarvis Williams.
Next season Murray State will have to account for the departure of the winningest class in school history, and the departing seniors include guard Isaiah Canaan and forward Ed Daniel.
Murray State finished the 2012-13 season with a 21-10 record, losing to Belmont in the OVC tournament title game.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)