Jun 28, 2013, 10:10 PM EST
After a freshman season in which he played 11.6 minutes per game and posted averages of 3.3 points and 2.0 rebounds per contest, 6-3 freshman guard Justin Seymour and Utah head coach Larry Krystowiak mutually decided that transferring may be in his best interest.
On Friday it was reported by OnTheRadarHoops.com that Seymour has decided to transfer to Murray State. After sitting out the 2013-14 campaign, Seymour will have three years of eligibility remaining.
Seymour saw his playing time diminish in Pac-12 play, as he received double-digit minutes in just three of the Utes’ 18 league games and did not play in any of Utah’s final four contests. A native of Marietta, Ga., Seymour was at one point thought to have an important role in the Utah program down the line.
Seymour is the second transfer to join the Murray State program this offseason, joining former Clemson guard T.J. Sapp. Head coach Steve Prohm also adds three other newcomers in guard Cameron Payne and forwards Jonathan Fairell and Jarvis Williams.
Next season Murray State will have to account for the departure of the winningest class in school history, and the departing seniors include guard Isaiah Canaan and forward Ed Daniel.
Murray State finished the 2012-13 season with a 21-10 record, losing to Belmont in the OVC tournament title game.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Kansas lost, but Jayhawk fans should be happy after the Colorado game 2
- Colorado needs game-winner to serve as a catalyst for Askia Booker (VIDEO) 0
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again 3
- CBT Weekly Roundtable: Figuring out the ACC 0
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games 3
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25 rankings (2)