Jun 28, 2013, 10:10 PM EDT
After a freshman season in which he played 11.6 minutes per game and posted averages of 3.3 points and 2.0 rebounds per contest, 6-3 freshman guard Justin Seymour and Utah head coach Larry Krystowiak mutually decided that transferring may be in his best interest.
On Friday it was reported by OnTheRadarHoops.com that Seymour has decided to transfer to Murray State. After sitting out the 2013-14 campaign, Seymour will have three years of eligibility remaining.
Seymour saw his playing time diminish in Pac-12 play, as he received double-digit minutes in just three of the Utes’ 18 league games and did not play in any of Utah’s final four contests. A native of Marietta, Ga., Seymour was at one point thought to have an important role in the Utah program down the line.
Seymour is the second transfer to join the Murray State program this offseason, joining former Clemson guard T.J. Sapp. Head coach Steve Prohm also adds three other newcomers in guard Cameron Payne and forwards Jonathan Fairell and Jarvis Williams.
Next season Murray State will have to account for the departure of the winningest class in school history, and the departing seniors include guard Isaiah Canaan and forward Ed Daniel.
Murray State finished the 2012-13 season with a 21-10 record, losing to Belmont in the OVC tournament title game.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Utah, senior guard Delon Wright aim to end NCAA tournament drought 0
- Arizona-commit Justin Simon may not be a PG, but that may not matter 0
- USA Basketball experience motivates five-star big man Chase Jeter 1
- adidas Unrivaled Camp Day 2: Chase Jeter outplays Carlton Bragg in a battle of five-star big men 1
- Five-star wing Brandon Ingram elevates his play during July 1
- CBT Quotables Part 1: Jawun Evans, Diamond Stone, Skal Labissiere and more 1
- LeBron James Skills Academy Day 2 Recap: Huntington Prep tandem enjoys productive Thursday 0
- Rashad McCants says he’s getting $310 million from UNC, NCAA (16)
- Rashad McCants says there was never a relationship between him and Roy Williams (AUDIO) (9)
- Report: Memphis football player attacked Dominic Woodson, advisor (5)
- Rick Brunson used Patrick Ewing’s name to deceive masseuse which led to his arrest (3)
- Report: Naadir Tharpe to turn pro (3)