Jun 28, 2013, 10:10 PM EST
After a freshman season in which he played 11.6 minutes per game and posted averages of 3.3 points and 2.0 rebounds per contest, 6-3 freshman guard Justin Seymour and Utah head coach Larry Krystowiak mutually decided that transferring may be in his best interest.
On Friday it was reported by OnTheRadarHoops.com that Seymour has decided to transfer to Murray State. After sitting out the 2013-14 campaign, Seymour will have three years of eligibility remaining.
Seymour saw his playing time diminish in Pac-12 play, as he received double-digit minutes in just three of the Utes’ 18 league games and did not play in any of Utah’s final four contests. A native of Marietta, Ga., Seymour was at one point thought to have an important role in the Utah program down the line.
Seymour is the second transfer to join the Murray State program this offseason, joining former Clemson guard T.J. Sapp. Head coach Steve Prohm also adds three other newcomers in guard Cameron Payne and forwards Jonathan Fairell and Jarvis Williams.
Next season Murray State will have to account for the departure of the winningest class in school history, and the departing seniors include guard Isaiah Canaan and forward Ed Daniel.
Murray State finished the 2012-13 season with a 21-10 record, losing to Belmont in the OVC tournament title game.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 1
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)