Jun 29, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Between winning a National Championship, being deep in the horse-racing world, and getting his first tattoo, it’s already been a memorable 2013 for Louisville head coach Rick Pitino.
Thankfully, Pitino will document Louisville’s championship run in his newest book due out in October, which is tentatively titled, “The One-Day Contract: How to Add Value to Every Minute of Your Life.”
Pitino has already authored three books — “Lead to Succeed,” “Success Is a Choice” and “Rebound Rules” — and according to the book’s publisher, St. Martin’s Press, the newest chapter in Pitino’s life will be released on October 1st.
While we’re not sure if the book will mention the horse racing or tattoo, it will definitely delve into Louisville’s memorable 2012-13 national championship run while also talking about Pitino’s “years of personal and professional experiences,” according to St. Martin’s Press.
It will be interesting to hear Pitino’s words on this group, including the three consecutive losses in the Big East after attaining a No. 1 ranking, the five-overtime thriller in South Bend against Notre Dame, the Big East Tournament and the NCAA Tournament run — including Kevin Ware’s broken leg.
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)