Jun 29, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Between winning a National Championship, being deep in the horse-racing world, and getting his first tattoo, it’s already been a memorable 2013 for Louisville head coach Rick Pitino.
Thankfully, Pitino will document Louisville’s championship run in his newest book due out in October, which is tentatively titled, “The One-Day Contract: How to Add Value to Every Minute of Your Life.”
Pitino has already authored three books — “Lead to Succeed,” “Success Is a Choice” and “Rebound Rules” — and according to the book’s publisher, St. Martin’s Press, the newest chapter in Pitino’s life will be released on October 1st.
While we’re not sure if the book will mention the horse racing or tattoo, it will definitely delve into Louisville’s memorable 2012-13 national championship run while also talking about Pitino’s “years of personal and professional experiences,” according to St. Martin’s Press.
It will be interesting to hear Pitino’s words on this group, including the three consecutive losses in the Big East after attaining a No. 1 ranking, the five-overtime thriller in South Bend against Notre Dame, the Big East Tournament and the NCAA Tournament run — including Kevin Ware’s broken leg.
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 6
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)