Jun 30, 2013, 12:47 PM EST
After one season at Longwood, point guard Nik Brown decided he was looking for a change. Especially with the resignation of coach Mike Gillian after an 8-25 season in 2012-13 and the subsequent transfer of fellow freshman star Michael Kessens to Alabama.
Brown has decided to take a slightly different route.
Longwood PG Nik Brown has transferred to Brunswick CC & will play one year of JC there. Will be at All-American @JUCOShowcase Elite 80 East
— Brad Winton (@JucoRecruiting) June 29, 2013
Brown could be one of the more intriguing JuCo recruits in 2014-15. The 6-3, 200-point Ashburn, Va. native averaged 9.7 points, 3.6 assists and 2.7 rebounds in 27.9 minutes per game last season for the Lancers, who, as you might imagine from reading this article, that was filled with young talent — there were five freshman and three sophomores on the roster — and despite 10 seasons at the helm, the higher-ups weren’t willing to wait them for them to mature under Gillian.
With a year at Brunswick, Brown could get some solid interest from top mid and high-major programs.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Former Rutgers player Derrick Randall sues school over Mike Rice’s actions 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25 rankings 0
- Maurice Creek, George Washington proving to be a match made in heaven 0
- Kansas lost, but Jayhawk fans should be happy after the Colorado game 2
- Colorado needs game-winner to serve as a catalyst for Askia Booker (VIDEO) 0
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25 rankings (2)