Jun 30, 2013, 6:00 PM EST
In two years at Louisville, 6-10 center Zach Price didn’t see a high amount of playing time. Price played in just 35 games over two seasons, averaging 5.9 minutes per game.
For his career at Louisville, Price posted averages of 0.9 points and 1.1 rebounds per contest, so it came as no surprise that he made the decision to look for a school where he could have an expanded role.
Price has found a new destination, as he announced via Twitter on Sunday that he’s joined Frank Haith’s program at Missouri.
Price is the second transfer to join the Missouri program this offseason, with former Baylor guard Deuce Bello doing so last month. Price will have two years of eligibility remaining after he sits out the 2013-14 campaign per NCAA transfer rules.
Price joins a front court that will lose just one upperclassmen following the 2013-14 campaign, Tony Criswell. At the power forward position Missouri has (in addition to Criswell) three underclassmen, rising sophomore Stefan Jankovic and newcomers Torren Jones and Jonathan Williams III.
At center, Missouri welcomes back sophomore Ryan Rosburg while adding junior college transfer Keanau Post. Missouri loses Laurence Bowers and Alex Oriakhi from a team that finished its first season in the SEC with a 23-11 record. The Tigers fell to Colorado State in its NCAA tournament opener.
Price’s signing puts Missouri at the 13-scholarship limit for the 2013-14 season and he is the second player to commit to Missouri this weekend, with 6-4 shooting guard Chris Sandifer (2014) announcing his decision to do so Friday evening.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Late Night Snacks: George Washington wins the Diamond Head Classic 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Arizona Wildcats 0
- The ten biggest disappointments of the 2014-2015 college basketball season 2
- New Year’s Resolutions: Gonzaga Bulldogs 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Duke Blue Devils 1
- The ten biggest surprises in college basketball in 2014-2015 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: UConn Huskies 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (6)
- Kentucky still has one more major test to pass this season and it might not come against Louisville (5)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (3)
- One suitor for Duke transfer hopes to land him despite not having an available scholarship (3)
- No. 24 North Carolina handles No. 12 Ohio State (3)