Jun 30, 2013, 6:00 PM EST
In two years at Louisville, 6-10 center Zach Price didn’t see a high amount of playing time. Price played in just 35 games over two seasons, averaging 5.9 minutes per game.
For his career at Louisville, Price posted averages of 0.9 points and 1.1 rebounds per contest, so it came as no surprise that he made the decision to look for a school where he could have an expanded role.
Price has found a new destination, as he announced via Twitter on Sunday that he’s joined Frank Haith’s program at Missouri.
Price is the second transfer to join the Missouri program this offseason, with former Baylor guard Deuce Bello doing so last month. Price will have two years of eligibility remaining after he sits out the 2013-14 campaign per NCAA transfer rules.
Price joins a front court that will lose just one upperclassmen following the 2013-14 campaign, Tony Criswell. At the power forward position Missouri has (in addition to Criswell) three underclassmen, rising sophomore Stefan Jankovic and newcomers Torren Jones and Jonathan Williams III.
At center, Missouri welcomes back sophomore Ryan Rosburg while adding junior college transfer Keanau Post. Missouri loses Laurence Bowers and Alex Oriakhi from a team that finished its first season in the SEC with a 23-11 record. The Tigers fell to Colorado State in its NCAA tournament opener.
Price’s signing puts Missouri at the 13-scholarship limit for the 2013-14 season and he is the second player to commit to Missouri this weekend, with 6-4 shooting guard Chris Sandifer (2014) announcing his decision to do so Friday evening.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 1
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 1
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (24)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)