Jun 30, 2013, 4:04 PM EDT
Former Georgetown assistant Matt Henry has been hired as an assistant at St. Peter’s, according to CBS Sports’ Jon Rothstein.
Henry spent five seasons with the Hoyas and also recently served as interim head coach at Mt. St. Mary’s. He’ll now take a spot on eighth-year coach Matt Dunne’s staff.
The Peacocks finished last season 9-21 overall, 3-15 in the Mid-Atlantic Athletic Conference and have made the NCAA Tournament as recently as 2011. They will have to replace five seniors off a 2012-13 squad that ranked in the bottom third in a number of statistical categories in Division I, including finishing 327th in the nation in points per game (59.6).
St. Peter’s coach John Dunne has hired Matt Henry as an assistant, per a source. Henry is a former DOBO at Georgetown, assistant at MSM.
— Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) June 29, 2013
(Photograph courtesy of Georgetown athletics.)
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David Harten
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0