Jun 30, 2013, 4:04 PM EDT
Former Georgetown assistant Matt Henry has been hired as an assistant at St. Peter’s, according to CBS Sports’ Jon Rothstein.
Henry spent five seasons with the Hoyas and also recently served as interim head coach at Mt. St. Mary’s. He’ll now take a spot on eighth-year coach Matt Dunne’s staff.
The Peacocks finished last season 9-21 overall, 3-15 in the Mid-Atlantic Athletic Conference and have made the NCAA Tournament as recently as 2011. They will have to replace five seniors off a 2012-13 squad that ranked in the bottom third in a number of statistical categories in Division I, including finishing 327th in the nation in points per game (59.6).
St. Peter’s coach John Dunne has hired Matt Henry as an assistant, per a source. Henry is a former DOBO at Georgetown, assistant at MSM.
— Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) June 29, 2013
(Photograph courtesy of Georgetown athletics.)
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David Harten
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)