Jun 30, 2013, 4:04 PM EDT
Former Georgetown assistant Matt Henry has been hired as an assistant at St. Peter’s, according to CBS Sports’ Jon Rothstein.
Henry spent five seasons with the Hoyas and also recently served as interim head coach at Mt. St. Mary’s. He’ll now take a spot on eighth-year coach Matt Dunne’s staff.
The Peacocks finished last season 9-21 overall, 3-15 in the Mid-Atlantic Athletic Conference and have made the NCAA Tournament as recently as 2011. They will have to replace five seniors off a 2012-13 squad that ranked in the bottom third in a number of statistical categories in Division I, including finishing 327th in the nation in points per game (59.6).
St. Peter’s coach John Dunne has hired Matt Henry as an assistant, per a source. Henry is a former DOBO at Georgetown, assistant at MSM.
— Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) June 29, 2013
(Photograph courtesy of Georgetown athletics.)
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David Harten
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)