Jun 30, 2013, 4:04 PM EDT
Former Georgetown assistant Matt Henry has been hired as an assistant at St. Peter’s, according to CBS Sports’ Jon Rothstein.
Henry spent five seasons with the Hoyas and also recently served as interim head coach at Mt. St. Mary’s. He’ll now take a spot on eighth-year coach Matt Dunne’s staff.
The Peacocks finished last season 9-21 overall, 3-15 in the Mid-Atlantic Athletic Conference and have made the NCAA Tournament as recently as 2011. They will have to replace five seniors off a 2012-13 squad that ranked in the bottom third in a number of statistical categories in Division I, including finishing 327th in the nation in points per game (59.6).
St. Peter’s coach John Dunne has hired Matt Henry as an assistant, per a source. Henry is a former DOBO at Georgetown, assistant at MSM.
— Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) June 29, 2013
(Photograph courtesy of Georgetown athletics.)
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David Harten
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)