Jul 1, 2013, 7:30 PM EDT
Criticize John Calipari all you want, but there aren’t many coaches in the college game that open themselves up to their fan base quite like Cal. Whether it’s through his Twitter account — over 1.2 million followers and 7,000+ tweets — his website (coachcal.com), or the John Calipari Basketball Fantasy Experience — a three day camp that is sure to satisfy all the needs for even the biggest fans — John Calipari opens himself up to Big Blue Nation exceedingly well.
On the fantasy experience website, there are five images that stream across the homepage advertising what the camp offers: 1) Live the life of a UK basketball star for a weekend. 2) Attend the annual VIP party at Coach Cal’s home. 3) Receive an elite swag bag of Nike branded UK apparel and gear. 4) Play against and interact with former UK stars. 5) Compete for the championship at Lexington Center’s Rupp Arena.
The 2013 version of the John Calipari Basketball Fantasy Experience may feature another segment that is sure to captivate the attention of not just Big Blue Nation, but all college basketball fans, as well.
According to a report from Kentucky Sports Radio, there is speculation that the 2010 Kentucky Wildcats will play against the 2012 Kentucky Wildcats during the fantasy experience this September:
KSR has learned that UK is working to get the two teams to settle the debate on the court, in Rupp Arena. DeMarcus’ 2010 team will likely play Kidd-Gilchrist’s 2012 team as the alumni game during the fantasy camp this fall.Time to settle it once and for all.
This is a “fantasy experience,” after all, so why shouldn’t a game like this be played?
Oftentimes, fans engage in arguments that are impossible to settle: Would the 1927 New York Yankees have defeated the 1998 New York Yankees? Would the Golden Bear have beaten Tiger when both were in their prime? How would John Wooden’s best UCLA teams have matched up against the top teams the college game has to offer today?
Well now, assuming the game is played, we may uncover which Kentucky team was better: the 2010 team featuring DeMarcus Cousins, John Wall, and Eric Bledsoe, or the 2012 team with Anthony Davis, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, and Marquis Teague?
The only question is: Which team does Darius Miller play on?
You can find Kevin on twitter @KLDoyle11
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)