Jul 1, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
The 2013-14 California men’s basketball schedule is nearly set in stone. Dates for home games against Nevada and Fresno State are still being worked out, but the teams Cal will do battle with have been finalized.
Aside from the 18 Pac-12 games, Cal will have ten non-conference games to go along with the Maui Invitational that highlights the 13 game non-conference schedule.
Always one of the most challenging and premier early season tournaments, the eight team field in Maui will feature the Chaminade — as always — California, Arkansas, Baylor, Dayton, Gonzaga, Minnesota, and Syracuse. The Golden Bears are guaranteed to play three games at the invitational.
In all, a total of eight teams who earned a bid to the 2013 NCAA Tournament appear on Cal’s schedule. Aside from what looks to be a challenging slate in Maui, the non-conference portion of Cal’s schedule isn’t overly difficult; games against Creighton and Denver will test Cal who will be playing without the services of Allen Crabbe.
Despite losing Crabbe to the NBA, Cal returns four starters, five of their top seven scorers, and their top-two rebounders from a team that reached the Third Round of the NCAA Tournament last year.
You can find Kevin on twitter @KLDoyle11
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0