Jul 1, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Ohio State has released their non-conference schedule.
And, well, it’s not exactly awe-inspiring. Take a look:
- Nov. 9 Morgan State
- Nov. 12 Ohio University
- Nov. 16 @ Marquette
- Nov. 20 American University
- Nov. 25 Wyoming
- Nov. 29 North Florida
- Dec. 4 Maryland
- Dec. 7 Central Connecticut State
- Dec. 11 Bryant
- Dec. 14 North Dakota State
- Dec. 18 Delaware
- Dec. 21 Notre Dame in New York City (MSG)
- Dec. 27 or 28 Louisiana-Monroe
On the road at Marquette will be a tough game, as will a trip to MSG to take on a good Notre Dame team. A visit from Maryland in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge is good, but it’s not exactly a marquee matchup.
And after that, things aren’t exactly pretty. North Dakota State and Ohio should be pretty good mid-major programs this season. CCSU is almost always near the top of the NEC, and Bryant was one of the nation’s most improved teams a year ago.
But compare what Ohio State has put together with, say, Kansas’ non-conference schedule, which is loaded. Kentucky plays three top ten teams and four top 25 teams, and that doesn’t include Baylor, Providence, Belmont or Robert Morris.
Ohio State may be losing Deshaun Thomas, but they still return Aaron Craft and a slew of talented role players. I wish Thad Matta would have given them a couple more tough tests early on in the season.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 10
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Ranking the Sweet 16 matchups 8
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close 36
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field 15
- Ben Howland to become the next Mississippi State head coach 6
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- You Make The Call: Did No. 11 UCLA beat No. 6 SMU on a goaltend or a blown call? (VIDEO) (32)
- Updated tournament records: Five ACC, three Pac-12 teams headed to Sweet 16 (22)
- Reports: Indiana coach Tom Crean said ‘you suck’ to referee after loss to Wichita State (19)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (19)