Jul 1, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Ohio State has released their non-conference schedule.
And, well, it’s not exactly awe-inspiring. Take a look:
- Nov. 9 Morgan State
- Nov. 12 Ohio University
- Nov. 16 @ Marquette
- Nov. 20 American University
- Nov. 25 Wyoming
- Nov. 29 North Florida
- Dec. 4 Maryland
- Dec. 7 Central Connecticut State
- Dec. 11 Bryant
- Dec. 14 North Dakota State
- Dec. 18 Delaware
- Dec. 21 Notre Dame in New York City (MSG)
- Dec. 27 or 28 Louisiana-Monroe
On the road at Marquette will be a tough game, as will a trip to MSG to take on a good Notre Dame team. A visit from Maryland in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge is good, but it’s not exactly a marquee matchup.
And after that, things aren’t exactly pretty. North Dakota State and Ohio should be pretty good mid-major programs this season. CCSU is almost always near the top of the NEC, and Bryant was one of the nation’s most improved teams a year ago.
But compare what Ohio State has put together with, say, Kansas’ non-conference schedule, which is loaded. Kentucky plays three top ten teams and four top 25 teams, and that doesn’t include Baylor, Providence, Belmont or Robert Morris.
Ohio State may be losing Deshaun Thomas, but they still return Aaron Craft and a slew of talented role players. I wish Thad Matta would have given them a couple more tough tests early on in the season.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)