Jul 1, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Ohio State has released their non-conference schedule.
And, well, it’s not exactly awe-inspiring. Take a look:
- Nov. 9 Morgan State
- Nov. 12 Ohio University
- Nov. 16 @ Marquette
- Nov. 20 American University
- Nov. 25 Wyoming
- Nov. 29 North Florida
- Dec. 4 Maryland
- Dec. 7 Central Connecticut State
- Dec. 11 Bryant
- Dec. 14 North Dakota State
- Dec. 18 Delaware
- Dec. 21 Notre Dame in New York City (MSG)
- Dec. 27 or 28 Louisiana-Monroe
On the road at Marquette will be a tough game, as will a trip to MSG to take on a good Notre Dame team. A visit from Maryland in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge is good, but it’s not exactly a marquee matchup.
And after that, things aren’t exactly pretty. North Dakota State and Ohio should be pretty good mid-major programs this season. CCSU is almost always near the top of the NEC, and Bryant was one of the nation’s most improved teams a year ago.
But compare what Ohio State has put together with, say, Kansas’ non-conference schedule, which is loaded. Kentucky plays three top ten teams and four top 25 teams, and that doesn’t include Baylor, Providence, Belmont or Robert Morris.
Ohio State may be losing Deshaun Thomas, but they still return Aaron Craft and a slew of talented role players. I wish Thad Matta would have given them a couple more tough tests early on in the season.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)