Jul 1, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Ohio State has released their non-conference schedule.
And, well, it’s not exactly awe-inspiring. Take a look:
- Nov. 9 Morgan State
- Nov. 12 Ohio University
- Nov. 16 @ Marquette
- Nov. 20 American University
- Nov. 25 Wyoming
- Nov. 29 North Florida
- Dec. 4 Maryland
- Dec. 7 Central Connecticut State
- Dec. 11 Bryant
- Dec. 14 North Dakota State
- Dec. 18 Delaware
- Dec. 21 Notre Dame in New York City (MSG)
- Dec. 27 or 28 Louisiana-Monroe
On the road at Marquette will be a tough game, as will a trip to MSG to take on a good Notre Dame team. A visit from Maryland in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge is good, but it’s not exactly a marquee matchup.
And after that, things aren’t exactly pretty. North Dakota State and Ohio should be pretty good mid-major programs this season. CCSU is almost always near the top of the NEC, and Bryant was one of the nation’s most improved teams a year ago.
But compare what Ohio State has put together with, say, Kansas’ non-conference schedule, which is loaded. Kentucky plays three top ten teams and four top 25 teams, and that doesn’t include Baylor, Providence, Belmont or Robert Morris.
Ohio State may be losing Deshaun Thomas, but they still return Aaron Craft and a slew of talented role players. I wish Thad Matta would have given them a couple more tough tests early on in the season.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)