Jul 1, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Ohio State has released their non-conference schedule.
And, well, it’s not exactly awe-inspiring. Take a look:
- Nov. 9 Morgan State
- Nov. 12 Ohio University
- Nov. 16 @ Marquette
- Nov. 20 American University
- Nov. 25 Wyoming
- Nov. 29 North Florida
- Dec. 4 Maryland
- Dec. 7 Central Connecticut State
- Dec. 11 Bryant
- Dec. 14 North Dakota State
- Dec. 18 Delaware
- Dec. 21 Notre Dame in New York City (MSG)
- Dec. 27 or 28 Louisiana-Monroe
On the road at Marquette will be a tough game, as will a trip to MSG to take on a good Notre Dame team. A visit from Maryland in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge is good, but it’s not exactly a marquee matchup.
And after that, things aren’t exactly pretty. North Dakota State and Ohio should be pretty good mid-major programs this season. CCSU is almost always near the top of the NEC, and Bryant was one of the nation’s most improved teams a year ago.
But compare what Ohio State has put together with, say, Kansas’ non-conference schedule, which is loaded. Kentucky plays three top ten teams and four top 25 teams, and that doesn’t include Baylor, Providence, Belmont or Robert Morris.
Ohio State may be losing Deshaun Thomas, but they still return Aaron Craft and a slew of talented role players. I wish Thad Matta would have given them a couple more tough tests early on in the season.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)