Jul 2, 2013, 2:10 PM EDT
Donte Clark, a 6-foot-4 shooting guard who was supposed to enroll at Virginia Tech for the 2013-2014 season, has been denied admission into the school, according to a report from Mark Berman of the Roanoke Times.
Berman wrote that Clark was denied admission “for academic reasons regarding his GPA and SAT”, and that he won’t be enrolling this summer or this fall, which likely means that Clark will never don a Hokie uniform. Clark is still going through the NCAA Eligibility Center, which means that he could end up being cleared to play for another program.
This is a big loss for James Johnson’s club, as Clark, the No. 116 recruit in the Class of 2013 according to Rivals, was the highlight of his first recruiting class. With Erick Green graduating off of a team that lost 19 of their last 25 games and went 4-14 in ACC play, things look bleak for Tech next season.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)