Jul 2, 2013, 2:10 PM EST
Donte Clark, a 6-foot-4 shooting guard who was supposed to enroll at Virginia Tech for the 2013-2014 season, has been denied admission into the school, according to a report from Mark Berman of the Roanoke Times.
Berman wrote that Clark was denied admission “for academic reasons regarding his GPA and SAT”, and that he won’t be enrolling this summer or this fall, which likely means that Clark will never don a Hokie uniform. Clark is still going through the NCAA Eligibility Center, which means that he could end up being cleared to play for another program.
This is a big loss for James Johnson’s club, as Clark, the No. 116 recruit in the Class of 2013 according to Rivals, was the highlight of his first recruiting class. With Erick Green graduating off of a team that lost 19 of their last 25 games and went 4-14 in ACC play, things look bleak for Tech next season.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Wisconsin wins 2014 Battle 4 Atlantis with 69-56 win over Oklahoma 0
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 1
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)