Jul 2, 2013, 2:10 PM EST
Donte Clark, a 6-foot-4 shooting guard who was supposed to enroll at Virginia Tech for the 2013-2014 season, has been denied admission into the school, according to a report from Mark Berman of the Roanoke Times.
Berman wrote that Clark was denied admission “for academic reasons regarding his GPA and SAT”, and that he won’t be enrolling this summer or this fall, which likely means that Clark will never don a Hokie uniform. Clark is still going through the NCAA Eligibility Center, which means that he could end up being cleared to play for another program.
This is a big loss for James Johnson’s club, as Clark, the No. 116 recruit in the Class of 2013 according to Rivals, was the highlight of his first recruiting class. With Erick Green graduating off of a team that lost 19 of their last 25 games and went 4-14 in ACC play, things look bleak for Tech next season.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 5
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 9
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (14)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)