Jul 2, 2013, 2:10 PM EDT
Donte Clark, a 6-foot-4 shooting guard who was supposed to enroll at Virginia Tech for the 2013-2014 season, has been denied admission into the school, according to a report from Mark Berman of the Roanoke Times.
Berman wrote that Clark was denied admission “for academic reasons regarding his GPA and SAT”, and that he won’t be enrolling this summer or this fall, which likely means that Clark will never don a Hokie uniform. Clark is still going through the NCAA Eligibility Center, which means that he could end up being cleared to play for another program.
This is a big loss for James Johnson’s club, as Clark, the No. 116 recruit in the Class of 2013 according to Rivals, was the highlight of his first recruiting class. With Erick Green graduating off of a team that lost 19 of their last 25 games and went 4-14 in ACC play, things look bleak for Tech next season.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- AAU Nationals Friday Recap: Event moves to Louisville, Bruce Brown plays well, Noah Dickerson updates recruitment 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)