Jul 2, 2013, 2:10 PM EDT
Donte Clark, a 6-foot-4 shooting guard who was supposed to enroll at Virginia Tech for the 2013-2014 season, has been denied admission into the school, according to a report from Mark Berman of the Roanoke Times.
Berman wrote that Clark was denied admission “for academic reasons regarding his GPA and SAT”, and that he won’t be enrolling this summer or this fall, which likely means that Clark will never don a Hokie uniform. Clark is still going through the NCAA Eligibility Center, which means that he could end up being cleared to play for another program.
This is a big loss for James Johnson’s club, as Clark, the No. 116 recruit in the Class of 2013 according to Rivals, was the highlight of his first recruiting class. With Erick Green graduating off of a team that lost 19 of their last 25 games and went 4-14 in ACC play, things look bleak for Tech next season.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 3
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 4
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season (4)