Jul 5, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
After playing one season at Missouri Southern, one-time Saint Louis guard Christian Salecich was not allowed to play during the 2012-13 season.
Why? Salecich played a year of basketball in Australia after graduating from high school, but before enrolling at SLU, resulting in the NCAA denying Missouri Southern’s request for an eligibility waiver.
Apparently he’s regained that lost season of eligibility, as Salecich announced via Twitter on Wednesday that he’ll be able to play at SIU-Edwardsville next season.
Prior to averaging 6.3 points per game in his lone season at Missouri Southern, Salecich averaged 4.5 points per game in two seasons at Saint Louis. Salecich joins Tim Johnson, who averaged 7.3 points per game in his first season at SIU-Edwardsville after transferring in from Tulane, as the lone seniors in the backcourt for the Cougars.
Head coach Lennox Forrester has now added five newcomers to the program this offseason, with three being junior college transfer. He’ll also be able to call on transfers Donivine Stewart and Grant Fiorentinos, who both had to sit out the 2012-13 season due to NCAA transfer rules.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Mountain West Tournament: No. 20 New Mexico wins rubber match, third straight tournament title 0
- Pac-12 Tournament: UCLA’s offense too much for No. 4 Arizona 1
- Bubble Banter: Three teams can lock up a bid, and then there’s N.C. State 0
- Bracketology: Will we have a bid thief? 0
- Bubble Banter: Monster day for teams on the cutline 1
- Pac-12 Tournament: Are we overlooking Arizona right now? 0
- Big 12 Tournament: Iowa State lights up a poor Kansas defense 2
- Was Duke’s Rodney Hood fouled by Clemson? You make the call (VIDEO) (21)
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (13)
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (12)
- Don’t mess with Aaron Craft’s memory (6)
- Atlantic 10 Tournament: St. Bonaventure upsets Saint Louis with a three at the buzzer (VIDEO) (6)