Jul 5, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
After playing one season at Missouri Southern, one-time Saint Louis guard Christian Salecich was not allowed to play during the 2012-13 season.
Why? Salecich played a year of basketball in Australia after graduating from high school, but before enrolling at SLU, resulting in the NCAA denying Missouri Southern’s request for an eligibility waiver.
Apparently he’s regained that lost season of eligibility, as Salecich announced via Twitter on Wednesday that he’ll be able to play at SIU-Edwardsville next season.
Prior to averaging 6.3 points per game in his lone season at Missouri Southern, Salecich averaged 4.5 points per game in two seasons at Saint Louis. Salecich joins Tim Johnson, who averaged 7.3 points per game in his first season at SIU-Edwardsville after transferring in from Tulane, as the lone seniors in the backcourt for the Cougars.
Head coach Lennox Forrester has now added five newcomers to the program this offseason, with three being junior college transfer. He’ll also be able to call on transfers Donivine Stewart and Grant Fiorentinos, who both had to sit out the 2012-13 season due to NCAA transfer rules.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)