Jul 5, 2013, 11:30 AM EST
After playing one season at Missouri Southern, one-time Saint Louis guard Christian Salecich was not allowed to play during the 2012-13 season.
Why? Salecich played a year of basketball in Australia after graduating from high school, but before enrolling at SLU, resulting in the NCAA denying Missouri Southern’s request for an eligibility waiver.
Apparently he’s regained that lost season of eligibility, as Salecich announced via Twitter on Wednesday that he’ll be able to play at SIU-Edwardsville next season.
Prior to averaging 6.3 points per game in his lone season at Missouri Southern, Salecich averaged 4.5 points per game in two seasons at Saint Louis. Salecich joins Tim Johnson, who averaged 7.3 points per game in his first season at SIU-Edwardsville after transferring in from Tulane, as the lone seniors in the backcourt for the Cougars.
Head coach Lennox Forrester has now added five newcomers to the program this offseason, with three being junior college transfer. He’ll also be able to call on transfers Donivine Stewart and Grant Fiorentinos, who both had to sit out the 2012-13 season due to NCAA transfer rules.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)