Jul 6, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
The Air Force Falcons are on the board in the recruiting class of 2014 as they nabbed a commitment from 6’8 forward Frank Toohey on Friday afternoon. The commitment of Toohey — a forward from York High School in Elmhurst, Illinois — was confirmed to NBCsports.com by Toohey’s AAU coach Mike Mullins of the Illinois Wolves.
Toohey is a three-year varsity player that averaged 8.3 points and 6.8 rebounds a game last season at York, which also featured Colorado State incoming freshman guard David Cohn. Although Toohey was a backup to Marquette commit Malek Harris on the Illinois Wolves, a surge in his performance and production in the late spring and early summer earned him offers from Army, Penn, and Yale and Toohey also saw the campuses of Princeton and William & Mary before committing to Air Force during his visit to campus this weekend.
Toohey earned the MVP award at the Riverside-Brookfield Shootout in early June and appears to have a lot of momentum going into his senior season.
Air Force head coach Dave Pilipovich led the Falcons to the CIT Tournament last season and an 18-14 record, as the school posted it’s first road postseason win in school history. Pilipovich also recently received a five-year extension with Air Force in late June.
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)