Jul 6, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
The Air Force Falcons are on the board in the recruiting class of 2014 as they nabbed a commitment from 6’8 forward Frank Toohey on Friday afternoon. The commitment of Toohey — a forward from York High School in Elmhurst, Illinois — was confirmed to NBCsports.com by Toohey’s AAU coach Mike Mullins of the Illinois Wolves.
Toohey is a three-year varsity player that averaged 8.3 points and 6.8 rebounds a game last season at York, which also featured Colorado State incoming freshman guard David Cohn. Although Toohey was a backup to Marquette commit Malek Harris on the Illinois Wolves, a surge in his performance and production in the late spring and early summer earned him offers from Army, Penn, and Yale and Toohey also saw the campuses of Princeton and William & Mary before committing to Air Force during his visit to campus this weekend.
Toohey earned the MVP award at the Riverside-Brookfield Shootout in early June and appears to have a lot of momentum going into his senior season.
Air Force head coach Dave Pilipovich led the Falcons to the CIT Tournament last season and an 18-14 record, as the school posted it’s first road postseason win in school history. Pilipovich also recently received a five-year extension with Air Force in late June.
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 3
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 1
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft 8
- Bobby Portis announces that he is turning pro 0
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)