Jul 6, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
The Air Force Falcons are on the board in the recruiting class of 2014 as they nabbed a commitment from 6’8 forward Frank Toohey on Friday afternoon. The commitment of Toohey — a forward from York High School in Elmhurst, Illinois — was confirmed to NBCsports.com by Toohey’s AAU coach Mike Mullins of the Illinois Wolves.
Toohey is a three-year varsity player that averaged 8.3 points and 6.8 rebounds a game last season at York, which also featured Colorado State incoming freshman guard David Cohn. Although Toohey was a backup to Marquette commit Malek Harris on the Illinois Wolves, a surge in his performance and production in the late spring and early summer earned him offers from Army, Penn, and Yale and Toohey also saw the campuses of Princeton and William & Mary before committing to Air Force during his visit to campus this weekend.
Toohey earned the MVP award at the Riverside-Brookfield Shootout in early June and appears to have a lot of momentum going into his senior season.
Air Force head coach Dave Pilipovich led the Falcons to the CIT Tournament last season and an 18-14 record, as the school posted it’s first road postseason win in school history. Pilipovich also recently received a five-year extension with Air Force in late June.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Throwback Thursday: Which Jim Calhoun rant was the best Jim Calhoun rant? (3)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)