Jul 7, 2013, 12:52 PM EDT
Kevin Willard and Seton Hall inked a late 2013 commitment from Rasheed Anthony, a 6-foot-8 forward from Flora Macdonald Academy in Red Springs, NC.
For much of his college recruitment, Anthony was considered a fringe BCS-level player, but teams came onto him late. The one team that was with him from nearly the beginning was Seton Hall, and that paid off for Kevin Willard. Anthony rounds out Seton Hall’s 2013 recruiting class to go along with in-state product Jaren Sina out of Gill Saint Bernard’s (Travis Berry is a projected walk-on from the Kent School (CT)).
As of this past April, Boston College, Oklahoma, and Kansas State reportedly offered Anthony, as well, per Justin Byerly of CarolinaPreps.com:
The Pirates began their recruitment of Anthony in September of 2012, and had him for an official visit roughly two weeks ago.
According to SouthOrangeJuice.com, a website dedicated to Seton Hall basketball, Anthony should be eligible to play immediately despite there potentially being some issues on the surface:
Rashed Anthony was cleared by the N.C.A.A. clearinghouse last week. This is relevant due to the fact that Rashed’s high school isn’t exactly being held in the best light as of last fall. Flora MacDonald had their 2011-12 1-A title taken away by the North Carolina Independent School Athletic Association in October. They were also banned from postseason play for three seasons, which included Rashed Anthony’s senior season.
A scouting report from SLAM Online had this to say about the most recent member of the Pirates: “A bouncy forward with crazy wingspan, he was able to dominate…on the defensive end while also providing his team with a spark with his high activity level offensively.”
You can find Kevin on twitter @KLDoyle11
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)