Jul 8, 2013, 10:39 AM EDT
By now, you should know that Arizona recruit Aaron Gordon will be, in all likelihood, the best dunker in college basketball for the 2013-2014 season.
If you have been convinced yet, the video above should help. It’s from the U19 trials that happened earlier this summer, and it’s simply a dunk-off between members of the team. And Gordon? He’s more impressive than the most of the NBA dunk contest participants.
Which is why you should expect to see quite a few dunks like this from Gordon this season:
Look at where he caught the ball on that oop:
Gordon might be the most interesting player heading into next year.
Everyone knows about Andrew Wiggins and Kentucky’s freshman and how good Michigan State and Oklahoma State can be because of who came back. But Gordon, who has been one of the most impressive players of the summer, can be the difference maker for Arizona. He can be the reason that they make a Final Four, especially if he embraces the idea of being a face-up four-man.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)