Jul 8, 2013, 10:39 AM EDT
By now, you should know that Arizona recruit Aaron Gordon will be, in all likelihood, the best dunker in college basketball for the 2013-2014 season.
If you have been convinced yet, the video above should help. It’s from the U19 trials that happened earlier this summer, and it’s simply a dunk-off between members of the team. And Gordon? He’s more impressive than the most of the NBA dunk contest participants.
Which is why you should expect to see quite a few dunks like this from Gordon this season:
Look at where he caught the ball on that oop:
Gordon might be the most interesting player heading into next year.
Everyone knows about Andrew Wiggins and Kentucky’s freshman and how good Michigan State and Oklahoma State can be because of who came back. But Gordon, who has been one of the most impressive players of the summer, can be the difference maker for Arizona. He can be the reason that they make a Final Four, especially if he embraces the idea of being a face-up four-man.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
Apr 15, 2014, 10:13 PM EDT
The Mustangs and Bulldogs are looking to meet in a home-and-home series.
Apr 15, 2014, 9:36 PM EDT
Watch the 7-foot-6 center play baseball.
Apr 15, 2014, 8:44 PM EDT
Austin will leave Waco after two seasons.
Apr 15, 2014, 7:34 PM EDT
He will have two years of eligibility remaining.
Apr 15, 2014, 7:08 PM EDT
Washington State loses three players, including a starting guard.
Apr 15, 2014, 6:11 PM EDT
The NCAA approved a rule change that will benefit student-athletes.
Apr 15, 2014, 6:06 PM EDT
Okoroh will follow Cuonzo Martin from Tennessee to Cal.
Apr 15, 2014, 5:43 PM EDT
Tom Izzo returns a key player from last season’s 29-win team.
Apr 15, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
A pair of starters will leave Arizona following an Elite 8 appearance.
Apr 15, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
The Big Ten regular season champion has lost two underclassmen to the NBA draft with the possibility of a third departure as well.
Apr 15, 2014, 3:56 PM EDT
Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee was a marriage that needed to end. On Tuesday, it did.
Apr 15, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
Cal dipped into SEC territory to land their new head coach.
Apr 15, 2014, 1:09 PM EDT
The Miami investigation keeps getting more embarrassing for the NCAA.
Apr 15, 2014, 12:19 PM EDT
The future Kentucky Wildcat had an impressive showing at the Hoop Summit last weekend.
Apr 15, 2014, 11:32 AM EDT
Gonzaga is close to landing the son of another legend of the 80s
Apr 15, 2014, 10:31 AM EDT
He lies to the NBA?
Apr 14, 2014, 11:37 PM EDT
Syracuse landed another 2015 pledge on Monday evening when guard Franklin Howard committed to the Orange.
Apr 14, 2014, 10:48 PM EDT
Duke freshman forward Jabari Parker will decide on his future this week.
Apr 14, 2014, 9:11 PM EDT
Washington point guard Nigel Williams-Goss will return for his sophomore season.
Apr 14, 2014, 8:28 PM EDT
Cornell transfer Nolan Cressler has committed to Vanderbilt.
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 5
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California 9
- Sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein returning to Kentucky 4
- Montrezl Harrell will be returning to Louisville for his junior season 0
- John Calipari reveals what ‘the tweak’ actually was 5
- More than 200,000 UConn fans show up for parade in Hartford (VIDEO/PHOTOS) 0
- Duke’s Jabari Parker will discuss options with Mike Krzyzewski next week 0
- UMass guard Derrick Gordon becomes first openly gay Division I basketball player (31)
- Lacey Holsworth, Adreian Payne’s eight-year-old friend, loses her battle with cancer (9)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (9)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (8)
- Syracuse freshman Chinoso Obokoh could lose year of eligibility due to NCAA issue (6)