Illinois coach John Groce throws first pitch, sings ‘Take Me Out To The Ballgame’ at Wrigley (VIDEO)
Jul 8, 2013, 11:16 AM EDT
John Groce threw out the first pitch at the Cubs game on Sunday, as it as Illini Day at Wrigley Field.
He also stepped up and sang ‘Take Me Out To The Ballgame’:
My favorite part? John Groce had his son — the son made famous by this incredible photo after the Illini’s win over Indiana last season — with him in the press box to sing. Those are the kind of moments sons never forget.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Pitt locks up tourney bid by beating North Carolina 0
- St. Bonaventure upsets Saint Louis with a three at the buzzer (VIDEO) 3
- Bubble Banter: Monster day for teams on the cutline 1
- Bracketology: Final No. 1 seed up for grabs 5
- Bubble Banter: Who will earn a bid to the Big Dance? 2
- Did Sterling Gibbs’ game-winner end Villanova’s hopes for a No. 1 seed? (VIDEO) 1
- Bracketology: It’s Moving Day for March Madness 2
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (12)
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (12)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy (5)
- Bracketology: Eight teams in play for No. 1 seeds (5)