Illinois coach John Groce throws first pitch, sings ‘Take Me Out To The Ballgame’ at Wrigley (VIDEO)
Jul 8, 2013, 11:16 AM EDT
John Groce threw out the first pitch at the Cubs game on Sunday, as it as Illini Day at Wrigley Field.
He also stepped up and sang ‘Take Me Out To The Ballgame':
My favorite part? John Groce had his son — the son made famous by this incredible photo after the Illini’s win over Indiana last season — with him in the press box to sing. Those are the kind of moments sons never forget.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 0
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)