Illinois coach John Groce throws first pitch, sings ‘Take Me Out To The Ballgame’ at Wrigley (VIDEO)
Jul 8, 2013, 11:16 AM EST
John Groce threw out the first pitch at the Cubs game on Sunday, as it as Illini Day at Wrigley Field.
He also stepped up and sang ‘Take Me Out To The Ballgame':
My favorite part? John Groce had his son — the son made famous by this incredible photo after the Illini’s win over Indiana last season — with him in the press box to sing. Those are the kind of moments sons never forget.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (5)
- Sophomore forward Semi Ojeleye to transfer from Duke (3)