Illinois coach John Groce throws first pitch, sings ‘Take Me Out To The Ballgame’ at Wrigley (VIDEO)
Jul 8, 2013, 11:16 AM EST
John Groce threw out the first pitch at the Cubs game on Sunday, as it as Illini Day at Wrigley Field.
He also stepped up and sang ‘Take Me Out To The Ballgame’:
My favorite part? John Groce had his son — the son made famous by this incredible photo after the Illini’s win over Indiana last season — with him in the press box to sing. Those are the kind of moments sons never forget.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 31
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)