Jul 8, 2013, 2:04 PM EDT
Memphis has quite a few question marks heading into next season, but on Monday afternoon, the Tigers got a bit of good news regarding incoming freshman Kuran Iverson.
According to a report from Jason Smith of the Commercial Appeal, Iverson has been qualified and will be eligible to play next season.
Iverson is a 6-foot-8 wing that was ranked the No. 28 recruit in the country according to Rivals. At one point, he was considered a top ten recruit in the Class of 2013, but a number of issues hurt his status as a prospect, one of which was the concern that he’d never be eligible to play college basketball.
That changes with this news, but the Tigers are still waiting on a couple of decisions from the NCAA.
Another incoming freshman, Rashan “Pookie” Powell, has yet to qualify, while Michael Dixon is still waiting to hear whether or not he will receive a transfer to play immediately for the Tigers after transferring in from Missouri.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 13
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 10
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Ranking the Sweet 16 matchups 8
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close 36
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field 15
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Updated tournament records: Kentucky moves SEC above .500 (22)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- Reports: Indiana coach Tom Crean said ‘you suck’ to referee after loss to Wichita State (19)
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field (15)