Jul 8, 2013, 2:04 PM EDT
Memphis has quite a few question marks heading into next season, but on Monday afternoon, the Tigers got a bit of good news regarding incoming freshman Kuran Iverson.
According to a report from Jason Smith of the Commercial Appeal, Iverson has been qualified and will be eligible to play next season.
Iverson is a 6-foot-8 wing that was ranked the No. 28 recruit in the country according to Rivals. At one point, he was considered a top ten recruit in the Class of 2013, but a number of issues hurt his status as a prospect, one of which was the concern that he’d never be eligible to play college basketball.
That changes with this news, but the Tigers are still waiting on a couple of decisions from the NCAA.
Another incoming freshman, Rashan “Pookie” Powell, has yet to qualify, while Michael Dixon is still waiting to hear whether or not he will receive a transfer to play immediately for the Tigers after transferring in from Missouri.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)
- Seton Hall to give scholarship basketball players $2,600 towards cost of attendance (1)
- Indiana president none too pleased with recent legal issues involving student-athletes (1)
- Throwback Thursday: When we realized Russell Westbrook was a freak (VIDEO) (1)