Jul 8, 2013, 2:04 PM EDT
Memphis has quite a few question marks heading into next season, but on Monday afternoon, the Tigers got a bit of good news regarding incoming freshman Kuran Iverson.
According to a report from Jason Smith of the Commercial Appeal, Iverson has been qualified and will be eligible to play next season.
Iverson is a 6-foot-8 wing that was ranked the No. 28 recruit in the country according to Rivals. At one point, he was considered a top ten recruit in the Class of 2013, but a number of issues hurt his status as a prospect, one of which was the concern that he’d never be eligible to play college basketball.
That changes with this news, but the Tigers are still waiting on a couple of decisions from the NCAA.
Another incoming freshman, Rashan “Pookie” Powell, has yet to qualify, while Michael Dixon is still waiting to hear whether or not he will receive a transfer to play immediately for the Tigers after transferring in from Missouri.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)