Jul 8, 2013, 2:04 PM EST
Memphis has quite a few question marks heading into next season, but on Monday afternoon, the Tigers got a bit of good news regarding incoming freshman Kuran Iverson.
According to a report from Jason Smith of the Commercial Appeal, Iverson has been qualified and will be eligible to play next season.
Iverson is a 6-foot-8 wing that was ranked the No. 28 recruit in the country according to Rivals. At one point, he was considered a top ten recruit in the Class of 2013, but a number of issues hurt his status as a prospect, one of which was the concern that he’d never be eligible to play college basketball.
That changes with this news, but the Tigers are still waiting on a couple of decisions from the NCAA.
Another incoming freshman, Rashan “Pookie” Powell, has yet to qualify, while Michael Dixon is still waiting to hear whether or not he will receive a transfer to play immediately for the Tigers after transferring in from Missouri.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 3
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 1
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)