Jul 8, 2013, 2:04 PM EDT
Memphis has quite a few question marks heading into next season, but on Monday afternoon, the Tigers got a bit of good news regarding incoming freshman Kuran Iverson.
According to a report from Jason Smith of the Commercial Appeal, Iverson has been qualified and will be eligible to play next season.
Iverson is a 6-foot-8 wing that was ranked the No. 28 recruit in the country according to Rivals. At one point, he was considered a top ten recruit in the Class of 2013, but a number of issues hurt his status as a prospect, one of which was the concern that he’d never be eligible to play college basketball.
That changes with this news, but the Tigers are still waiting on a couple of decisions from the NCAA.
Another incoming freshman, Rashan “Pookie” Powell, has yet to qualify, while Michael Dixon is still waiting to hear whether or not he will receive a transfer to play immediately for the Tigers after transferring in from Missouri.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)