Jul 9, 2013, 6:50 PM EDT
Marcanvis Hymon (Whitehaven/Memphis, Tenn.) , a four-star 2014 forward, committed to Ole Miss on Tuesday evening. He picked the Rebels over Mississippi State, Memphis, Arkansas, Tennessee and Auburn. He also held offers from Cincinnati, Missouri, UMass and Murray State.
According to several reports, Ole Miss was the leader in the clubhouse heading up to Tuesday’s announcement.
Although he stands at 6-foot-7, Hymon will likely play the four when he suits up for Ole Miss beginning in 2014. As seen in the video below, Hymon is an active player on both ends of the floor. This is a good addition for Andy Kennedy. It appears the success of last season’s team, ending in an SEC tournament championship, helped the Rebels land a Hymon.
He joins a recruiting class that includes junior college shooting guard. Kennedy did not have a four-star recruit in the Class of 2013, according to Rivals.
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 0
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (3)