Jul 9, 2013, 6:50 PM EST
Marcanvis Hymon (Whitehaven/Memphis, Tenn.) , a four-star 2014 forward, committed to Ole Miss on Tuesday evening. He picked the Rebels over Mississippi State, Memphis, Arkansas, Tennessee and Auburn. He also held offers from Cincinnati, Missouri, UMass and Murray State.
According to several reports, Ole Miss was the leader in the clubhouse heading up to Tuesday’s announcement.
Although he stands at 6-foot-7, Hymon will likely play the four when he suits up for Ole Miss beginning in 2014. As seen in the video below, Hymon is an active player on both ends of the floor. This is a good addition for Andy Kennedy. It appears the success of last season’s team, ending in an SEC tournament championship, helped the Rebels land a Hymon.
He joins a recruiting class that includes junior college shooting guard. Kennedy did not have a four-star recruit in the Class of 2013, according to Rivals.
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 1
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 2
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)