Jul 9, 2013, 6:50 PM EDT
Marcanvis Hymon (Whitehaven/Memphis, Tenn.) , a four-star 2014 forward, committed to Ole Miss on Tuesday evening. He picked the Rebels over Mississippi State, Memphis, Arkansas, Tennessee and Auburn. He also held offers from Cincinnati, Missouri, UMass and Murray State.
According to several reports, Ole Miss was the leader in the clubhouse heading up to Tuesday’s announcement.
Although he stands at 6-foot-7, Hymon will likely play the four when he suits up for Ole Miss beginning in 2014. As seen in the video below, Hymon is an active player on both ends of the floor. This is a good addition for Andy Kennedy. It appears the success of last season’s team, ending in an SEC tournament championship, helped the Rebels land a Hymon.
He joins a recruiting class that includes junior college shooting guard. Kennedy did not have a four-star recruit in the Class of 2013, according to Rivals.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)