Jul 9, 2013, 6:50 PM EST
Marcanvis Hymon (Whitehaven/Memphis, Tenn.) , a four-star 2014 forward, committed to Ole Miss on Tuesday evening. He picked the Rebels over Mississippi State, Memphis, Arkansas, Tennessee and Auburn. He also held offers from Cincinnati, Missouri, UMass and Murray State.
According to several reports, Ole Miss was the leader in the clubhouse heading up to Tuesday’s announcement.
Although he stands at 6-foot-7, Hymon will likely play the four when he suits up for Ole Miss beginning in 2014. As seen in the video below, Hymon is an active player on both ends of the floor. This is a good addition for Andy Kennedy. It appears the success of last season’s team, ending in an SEC tournament championship, helped the Rebels land a Hymon.
He joins a recruiting class that includes junior college shooting guard. Kennedy did not have a four-star recruit in the Class of 2013, according to Rivals.
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 1
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)