Jul 9, 2013, 6:50 PM EDT
Marcanvis Hymon (Whitehaven/Memphis, Tenn.) , a four-star 2014 forward, committed to Ole Miss on Tuesday evening. He picked the Rebels over Mississippi State, Memphis, Arkansas, Tennessee and Auburn. He also held offers from Cincinnati, Missouri, UMass and Murray State.
According to several reports, Ole Miss was the leader in the clubhouse heading up to Tuesday’s announcement.
Although he stands at 6-foot-7, Hymon will likely play the four when he suits up for Ole Miss beginning in 2014. As seen in the video below, Hymon is an active player on both ends of the floor. This is a good addition for Andy Kennedy. It appears the success of last season’s team, ending in an SEC tournament championship, helped the Rebels land a Hymon.
He joins a recruiting class that includes junior college shooting guard. Kennedy did not have a four-star recruit in the Class of 2013, according to Rivals.
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- Four-star shooting guard verbally commits to UCLA 0
- USA Basketball U17 team wins gold in the FIBA World Championships 0
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ 4
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Watch Stephen Curry put 40 on Gonzaga in the NCAA tournament (VIDEO) (3)
- Five-star power forward Elijah Thomas sets five official visits (3)