Jul 9, 2013, 3:11 PM EDT
And you thought we were done with PJ Hairston news today.
Eric Prisbell — who has been all over this story — and Rachel Axon of USA Today dug up more evidence that Fats Thomas, a convicted felon that rented the 2013 GMC Yukon that PJ Hairston was pulled over in during his arrest in early June, has close ties to UNC athletes:
Between Feb. 22 and May 28, the nine citations were issued for four rental vehicles that either Thomas or a Catinia Farrington, a woman who shares his Durham, N.C., address, rented from the Hertz location at the Raleigh-Durham International Airport.
This isn’t a smoking gun by any stretch, because it’s not known who was driving the vehicles when they were parked illegally, but the circumstantial evidence is starting to build.
All told, Thomas and Farrington spent $15,020.35 on vehicle rentals from the RDU Hertz over a four-month stretch from Feb. 14th through June 25th.
Oh, and they still owe $315 in unpaid parking tickets.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- NCAA twitter account effortlessly trolls MLB during playoff opener (2)
- Frank Haith lands first commitment as head coach at Tulsa (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)