Jul 9, 2013, 3:11 PM EDT
And you thought we were done with PJ Hairston news today.
Eric Prisbell — who has been all over this story — and Rachel Axon of USA Today dug up more evidence that Fats Thomas, a convicted felon that rented the 2013 GMC Yukon that PJ Hairston was pulled over in during his arrest in early June, has close ties to UNC athletes:
Between Feb. 22 and May 28, the nine citations were issued for four rental vehicles that either Thomas or a Catinia Farrington, a woman who shares his Durham, N.C., address, rented from the Hertz location at the Raleigh-Durham International Airport.
This isn’t a smoking gun by any stretch, because it’s not known who was driving the vehicles when they were parked illegally, but the circumstantial evidence is starting to build.
All told, Thomas and Farrington spent $15,020.35 on vehicle rentals from the RDU Hertz over a four-month stretch from Feb. 14th through June 25th.
Oh, and they still owe $315 in unpaid parking tickets.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)