Jul 9, 2013, 3:11 PM EDT
And you thought we were done with PJ Hairston news today.
Eric Prisbell — who has been all over this story — and Rachel Axon of USA Today dug up more evidence that Fats Thomas, a convicted felon that rented the 2013 GMC Yukon that PJ Hairston was pulled over in during his arrest in early June, has close ties to UNC athletes:
Between Feb. 22 and May 28, the nine citations were issued for four rental vehicles that either Thomas or a Catinia Farrington, a woman who shares his Durham, N.C., address, rented from the Hertz location at the Raleigh-Durham International Airport.
This isn’t a smoking gun by any stretch, because it’s not known who was driving the vehicles when they were parked illegally, but the circumstantial evidence is starting to build.
All told, Thomas and Farrington spent $15,020.35 on vehicle rentals from the RDU Hertz over a four-month stretch from Feb. 14th through June 25th.
Oh, and they still owe $315 in unpaid parking tickets.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 1
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 9
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California 10
- Sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein returning to Kentucky 5
- Montrezl Harrell will be returning to Louisville for his junior season 0
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)
- Syracuse freshman Chinoso Obokoh could lose year of eligibility due to NCAA issue (6)
- John Calipari reveals what ‘the tweak’ actually was (5)