Jul 9, 2013, 3:11 PM EDT
And you thought we were done with PJ Hairston news today.
Eric Prisbell — who has been all over this story — and Rachel Axon of USA Today dug up more evidence that Fats Thomas, a convicted felon that rented the 2013 GMC Yukon that PJ Hairston was pulled over in during his arrest in early June, has close ties to UNC athletes:
Between Feb. 22 and May 28, the nine citations were issued for four rental vehicles that either Thomas or a Catinia Farrington, a woman who shares his Durham, N.C., address, rented from the Hertz location at the Raleigh-Durham International Airport.
This isn’t a smoking gun by any stretch, because it’s not known who was driving the vehicles when they were parked illegally, but the circumstantial evidence is starting to build.
All told, Thomas and Farrington spent $15,020.35 on vehicle rentals from the RDU Hertz over a four-month stretch from Feb. 14th through June 25th.
Oh, and they still owe $315 in unpaid parking tickets.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 0
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- UConn lands former Seton Hall guard Sterling Gibbs, eligible immediately 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- NCAA rules committee proposes 30-second shot clock, fewer timeouts (5)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (4)