Jul 9, 2013, 3:11 PM EST
And you thought we were done with PJ Hairston news today.
Eric Prisbell — who has been all over this story — and Rachel Axon of USA Today dug up more evidence that Fats Thomas, a convicted felon that rented the 2013 GMC Yukon that PJ Hairston was pulled over in during his arrest in early June, has close ties to UNC athletes:
Between Feb. 22 and May 28, the nine citations were issued for four rental vehicles that either Thomas or a Catinia Farrington, a woman who shares his Durham, N.C., address, rented from the Hertz location at the Raleigh-Durham International Airport.
This isn’t a smoking gun by any stretch, because it’s not known who was driving the vehicles when they were parked illegally, but the circumstantial evidence is starting to build.
All told, Thomas and Farrington spent $15,020.35 on vehicle rentals from the RDU Hertz over a four-month stretch from Feb. 14th through June 25th.
Oh, and they still owe $315 in unpaid parking tickets.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)