Jul 9, 2013, 5:45 PM EDT
Lorenzo Romar has been hard-at-work, putting together a Class of 2014 so far in the month of July. Last week Tristian Etienne became the first member of the incoming class for the fall of 2014, and on Monday night, the Huskies added another forward, getting a verbal commitment from three-star small forward Donaven Dorsey (Timberline High/Lacey, Wash.).
The 6-foot-7 Dorsey picked his home-state Huskies over Washington State, Gonzaga, Oregon State and Portland State.
“It’s a big relief,” Dorsey told Meg Wochnick of The Olympian on Monday night. “I’m very excited to become a Dawg.
“That’s where my parents would like me to go and that’s where I want to go.”
As a junior, Dorsey scored 21 points per game while also averaging nine boards, four assists and two steals per contest. According to Wochnick, Dorsey was a priority for Washington, as Romar was present for many of Timberline High’s games this past season.
“I can go to him for anything, not even regarding basketball,” Dorsey added. “Coach Romar played in the NBA, the highest level, and he knows what he’s talking about.”
Dorsey was listed as the No. 106 overall player in the Class of 2014 by Rivals.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)