Jul 9, 2013, 5:45 PM EDT
Lorenzo Romar has been hard-at-work, putting together a Class of 2014 so far in the month of July. Last week Tristian Etienne became the first member of the incoming class for the fall of 2014, and on Monday night, the Huskies added another forward, getting a verbal commitment from three-star small forward Donaven Dorsey (Timberline High/Lacey, Wash.).
The 6-foot-7 Dorsey picked his home-state Huskies over Washington State, Gonzaga, Oregon State and Portland State.
“It’s a big relief,” Dorsey told Meg Wochnick of The Olympian on Monday night. “I’m very excited to become a Dawg.
“That’s where my parents would like me to go and that’s where I want to go.”
As a junior, Dorsey scored 21 points per game while also averaging nine boards, four assists and two steals per contest. According to Wochnick, Dorsey was a priority for Washington, as Romar was present for many of Timberline High’s games this past season.
“I can go to him for anything, not even regarding basketball,” Dorsey added. “Coach Romar played in the NBA, the highest level, and he knows what he’s talking about.”
Dorsey was listed as the No. 106 overall player in the Class of 2014 by Rivals.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 1
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)