Jul 9, 2013, 5:45 PM EDT
Lorenzo Romar has been hard-at-work, putting together a Class of 2014 so far in the month of July. Last week Tristian Etienne became the first member of the incoming class for the fall of 2014, and on Monday night, the Huskies added another forward, getting a verbal commitment from three-star small forward Donaven Dorsey (Timberline High/Lacey, Wash.).
The 6-foot-7 Dorsey picked his home-state Huskies over Washington State, Gonzaga, Oregon State and Portland State.
“It’s a big relief,” Dorsey told Meg Wochnick of The Olympian on Monday night. “I’m very excited to become a Dawg.
“That’s where my parents would like me to go and that’s where I want to go.”
As a junior, Dorsey scored 21 points per game while also averaging nine boards, four assists and two steals per contest. According to Wochnick, Dorsey was a priority for Washington, as Romar was present for many of Timberline High’s games this past season.
“I can go to him for anything, not even regarding basketball,” Dorsey added. “Coach Romar played in the NBA, the highest level, and he knows what he’s talking about.”
Dorsey was listed as the No. 106 overall player in the Class of 2014 by Rivals.
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- CBT Quotables Part IV: The Lawsons, Stephen Zimmerman, Malik Monk 1
- Peach Jam Saturday Recap: Rabb, Zimmerman go big, Chris Clarke goes hard, Lawson bros advance 0
- Skipping college makes Emmanuel Mudiay the most important player in 2014 class (5)
- Study says Louisville has the best fanbase for second straight season (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)