Jul 10, 2013, 9:35 AM EDT
Citadel head coach Chuck Driesell has completed filled out his coaching staff just in time for the July live recruiting period to kick off.
Driesell hired Justin Argenal as an assistant coach. Argenal spent the last two seasons on the Louisiana Tech staff, having previously served as the Director of Basketball Operations for Citadel. Argenal replaces Quinton Ferrell, who left for an assistant position at Army.
Driesell also needed to fill a void at Director of Basketball Operations for the upcoming season and did so by hiring former Clemson guard Zavier Anderson. Anderson had been a graduate assistant at VCU the last two years.
“Justin did a great job his first time here on our staff,” said Driesell. “He has proven to be a very successful coach as he excelled the last two seasons at Louisiana Tech. I am excited to have him back on staff as he brings great energy and passion for the game and The Citadel.”
“Zavier is a former college basketball player who brings experience and a wealth of knowledge to our program. His two years at VCU will serve him well as the director of basketball operations at The Citadel.”
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)