Jul 10, 2013, 9:35 AM EST
Citadel head coach Chuck Driesell has completed filled out his coaching staff just in time for the July live recruiting period to kick off.
Driesell hired Justin Argenal as an assistant coach. Argenal spent the last two seasons on the Louisiana Tech staff, having previously served as the Director of Basketball Operations for Citadel. Argenal replaces Quinton Ferrell, who left for an assistant position at Army.
Driesell also needed to fill a void at Director of Basketball Operations for the upcoming season and did so by hiring former Clemson guard Zavier Anderson. Anderson had been a graduate assistant at VCU the last two years.
“Justin did a great job his first time here on our staff,” said Driesell. “He has proven to be a very successful coach as he excelled the last two seasons at Louisiana Tech. I am excited to have him back on staff as he brings great energy and passion for the game and The Citadel.”
“Zavier is a former college basketball player who brings experience and a wealth of knowledge to our program. His two years at VCU will serve him well as the director of basketball operations at The Citadel.”
- Harvard wraps up third consecutive NCAA tournament berth (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend Preview: The regular season comes to a close 1
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 4
- Senior starters once again carry No. 15 Cincinnati 0
- Doug McDermott’s career still missing most important part: His One Shining Moment 0
- Bryce Cotton, Providence’s marathon man, looking to lead the Friars on a run to the NCAA tournament 0
- Bubble Banter: Colorado, Dayton the day’s biggest winners 1
- Undefeated regular season says all we need to know about No. 2 Wichita State (9)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Finally at full strength, Michigan State sleepwalks through loss to Illinois (6)
- Kentucky hits rock bottom, loses at South Carolina (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)