Jul 10, 2013, 9:35 AM EDT
Citadel head coach Chuck Driesell has completed filled out his coaching staff just in time for the July live recruiting period to kick off.
Driesell hired Justin Argenal as an assistant coach. Argenal spent the last two seasons on the Louisiana Tech staff, having previously served as the Director of Basketball Operations for Citadel. Argenal replaces Quinton Ferrell, who left for an assistant position at Army.
Driesell also needed to fill a void at Director of Basketball Operations for the upcoming season and did so by hiring former Clemson guard Zavier Anderson. Anderson had been a graduate assistant at VCU the last two years.
“Justin did a great job his first time here on our staff,” said Driesell. “He has proven to be a very successful coach as he excelled the last two seasons at Louisiana Tech. I am excited to have him back on staff as he brings great energy and passion for the game and The Citadel.”
“Zavier is a former college basketball player who brings experience and a wealth of knowledge to our program. His two years at VCU will serve him well as the director of basketball operations at The Citadel.”
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 0
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 2
- Arizona lands four-star center to potential No. 1 recruiting class in 2015 0
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility 3
- In-state power forward verbally commits to UConn 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility (3)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (3)