Jul 10, 2013, 9:35 AM EDT
Citadel head coach Chuck Driesell has completed filled out his coaching staff just in time for the July live recruiting period to kick off.
Driesell hired Justin Argenal as an assistant coach. Argenal spent the last two seasons on the Louisiana Tech staff, having previously served as the Director of Basketball Operations for Citadel. Argenal replaces Quinton Ferrell, who left for an assistant position at Army.
Driesell also needed to fill a void at Director of Basketball Operations for the upcoming season and did so by hiring former Clemson guard Zavier Anderson. Anderson had been a graduate assistant at VCU the last two years.
“Justin did a great job his first time here on our staff,” said Driesell. “He has proven to be a very successful coach as he excelled the last two seasons at Louisiana Tech. I am excited to have him back on staff as he brings great energy and passion for the game and The Citadel.”
“Zavier is a former college basketball player who brings experience and a wealth of knowledge to our program. His two years at VCU will serve him well as the director of basketball operations at The Citadel.”
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 4
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (17)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)