Jul 10, 2013, 9:35 AM EDT
Citadel head coach Chuck Driesell has completed filled out his coaching staff just in time for the July live recruiting period to kick off.
Driesell hired Justin Argenal as an assistant coach. Argenal spent the last two seasons on the Louisiana Tech staff, having previously served as the Director of Basketball Operations for Citadel. Argenal replaces Quinton Ferrell, who left for an assistant position at Army.
Driesell also needed to fill a void at Director of Basketball Operations for the upcoming season and did so by hiring former Clemson guard Zavier Anderson. Anderson had been a graduate assistant at VCU the last two years.
“Justin did a great job his first time here on our staff,” said Driesell. “He has proven to be a very successful coach as he excelled the last two seasons at Louisiana Tech. I am excited to have him back on staff as he brings great energy and passion for the game and The Citadel.”
“Zavier is a former college basketball player who brings experience and a wealth of knowledge to our program. His two years at VCU will serve him well as the director of basketball operations at The Citadel.”
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4