Jul 12, 2013, 2:50 PM EDT
Wednesday was a busy one on the “transactions” front for the Colorado State basketball program, as it officially announced the addition of transfers Dantiel Daniels (from Southern Illinois) and Stanton Kidd (from N.C. Central). Both will sit out the upcoming season, but when eligible Daniels and Kidd will help the Rams in the front court.
There was also a departure, as the program also announced that guard Jordan Mason’s request to be released from his scholarship was granted.
With seniors Wes Eikmeier and Dorian Green leading the way the 6-2 Mason didn’t see a lot of playing time as a freshman, as he played in 12 games and averaged just 4.9 minutes per contest.
Mason (1.8 ppg, 0.9 rpg) played double-digit minutes in just two games: Chadron State (16 minutes; four points and three assists) and Adams State (14 minutes; five points).
“We want to thank Jordan for all his hard work and contributions to our program,” head coach Larry Eustachy said in the relase. “He is an outstanding young man and we wish him nothing but the best.”
Colorado State loses all five starters from last season’s group that won 26 games, with guards Daniel Bejarano (6.3 ppg, 5.5 rpg) and Jonathan Octeus (4.7, 2.6) being their most productive returnees. Eustachy adds four newcomers, with one being one-time Navy forward J.J. Avila.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 26
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 6
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (26)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (6)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)