Jul 12, 2013, 2:50 PM EDT
Wednesday was a busy one on the “transactions” front for the Colorado State basketball program, as it officially announced the addition of transfers Dantiel Daniels (from Southern Illinois) and Stanton Kidd (from N.C. Central). Both will sit out the upcoming season, but when eligible Daniels and Kidd will help the Rams in the front court.
There was also a departure, as the program also announced that guard Jordan Mason’s request to be released from his scholarship was granted.
With seniors Wes Eikmeier and Dorian Green leading the way the 6-2 Mason didn’t see a lot of playing time as a freshman, as he played in 12 games and averaged just 4.9 minutes per contest.
Mason (1.8 ppg, 0.9 rpg) played double-digit minutes in just two games: Chadron State (16 minutes; four points and three assists) and Adams State (14 minutes; five points).
“We want to thank Jordan for all his hard work and contributions to our program,” head coach Larry Eustachy said in the relase. “He is an outstanding young man and we wish him nothing but the best.”
Colorado State loses all five starters from last season’s group that won 26 games, with guards Daniel Bejarano (6.3 ppg, 5.5 rpg) and Jonathan Octeus (4.7, 2.6) being their most productive returnees. Eustachy adds four newcomers, with one being one-time Navy forward J.J. Avila.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)