Jul 12, 2013, 2:50 PM EDT
Wednesday was a busy one on the “transactions” front for the Colorado State basketball program, as it officially announced the addition of transfers Dantiel Daniels (from Southern Illinois) and Stanton Kidd (from N.C. Central). Both will sit out the upcoming season, but when eligible Daniels and Kidd will help the Rams in the front court.
There was also a departure, as the program also announced that guard Jordan Mason’s request to be released from his scholarship was granted.
With seniors Wes Eikmeier and Dorian Green leading the way the 6-2 Mason didn’t see a lot of playing time as a freshman, as he played in 12 games and averaged just 4.9 minutes per contest.
Mason (1.8 ppg, 0.9 rpg) played double-digit minutes in just two games: Chadron State (16 minutes; four points and three assists) and Adams State (14 minutes; five points).
“We want to thank Jordan for all his hard work and contributions to our program,” head coach Larry Eustachy said in the relase. “He is an outstanding young man and we wish him nothing but the best.”
Colorado State loses all five starters from last season’s group that won 26 games, with guards Daniel Bejarano (6.3 ppg, 5.5 rpg) and Jonathan Octeus (4.7, 2.6) being their most productive returnees. Eustachy adds four newcomers, with one being one-time Navy forward J.J. Avila.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)