Jul 12, 2013, 2:50 PM EDT
Wednesday was a busy one on the “transactions” front for the Colorado State basketball program, as it officially announced the addition of transfers Dantiel Daniels (from Southern Illinois) and Stanton Kidd (from N.C. Central). Both will sit out the upcoming season, but when eligible Daniels and Kidd will help the Rams in the front court.
There was also a departure, as the program also announced that guard Jordan Mason’s request to be released from his scholarship was granted.
With seniors Wes Eikmeier and Dorian Green leading the way the 6-2 Mason didn’t see a lot of playing time as a freshman, as he played in 12 games and averaged just 4.9 minutes per contest.
Mason (1.8 ppg, 0.9 rpg) played double-digit minutes in just two games: Chadron State (16 minutes; four points and three assists) and Adams State (14 minutes; five points).
“We want to thank Jordan for all his hard work and contributions to our program,” head coach Larry Eustachy said in the relase. “He is an outstanding young man and we wish him nothing but the best.”
Colorado State loses all five starters from last season’s group that won 26 games, with guards Daniel Bejarano (6.3 ppg, 5.5 rpg) and Jonathan Octeus (4.7, 2.6) being their most productive returnees. Eustachy adds four newcomers, with one being one-time Navy forward J.J. Avila.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- Four-star shooting guard verbally commits to UCLA 0
- USA Basketball U17 team wins gold in the FIBA World Championships 0
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)