Jul 12, 2013, 2:50 PM EDT
Wednesday was a busy one on the “transactions” front for the Colorado State basketball program, as it officially announced the addition of transfers Dantiel Daniels (from Southern Illinois) and Stanton Kidd (from N.C. Central). Both will sit out the upcoming season, but when eligible Daniels and Kidd will help the Rams in the front court.
There was also a departure, as the program also announced that guard Jordan Mason’s request to be released from his scholarship was granted.
With seniors Wes Eikmeier and Dorian Green leading the way the 6-2 Mason didn’t see a lot of playing time as a freshman, as he played in 12 games and averaged just 4.9 minutes per contest.
Mason (1.8 ppg, 0.9 rpg) played double-digit minutes in just two games: Chadron State (16 minutes; four points and three assists) and Adams State (14 minutes; five points).
“We want to thank Jordan for all his hard work and contributions to our program,” head coach Larry Eustachy said in the relase. “He is an outstanding young man and we wish him nothing but the best.”
Colorado State loses all five starters from last season’s group that won 26 games, with guards Daniel Bejarano (6.3 ppg, 5.5 rpg) and Jonathan Octeus (4.7, 2.6) being their most productive returnees. Eustachy adds four newcomers, with one being one-time Navy forward J.J. Avila.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)