Jul 13, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Colorado State picked up a late addition for next season on Friday night with the signing of Brazilian guard Enrico Bueno, per a report from Latin Basket. The news of Bueno’s signing comes days after the Rams announced the departure of guard Jordan Mason, who is transferring elsewhere.
Bueno, a 6’4 guard, spent some of his high school career in the United States — most recently at IMG Academy in Florida — and also played at Adidas Nations. Bueno also spent time on the Brazilian national team, playing at the U15, U17 and U18 levels.
“My expectation is to achieve a fast adaptation and get my space on the team. I know that for this to occur, I need to work hard [sic] the fundamentals, especially on defense, and improve more and more my long distance shots, wich [sic] is one of my characteristics,” Bueno told Latin Basket about the commitment.
The Rams already have a Brazilian on the roster in senior forward Gerson Santo, so that should help ease any transition for Bueno.
Colorado State added two transfers last week in forwards Dantiel Daniels (Southern Illinois) and Stanton Kidd (North Carolina Central) and also added former Navy forward J.J. Avila in April. The Rams will also welcome incoming freshman guards Carlton Hurst and David Cohn as well as junior college forward Marcus Holt to round out the recruiting class.
- How concerned should North Carolina fans be that Brandon Ingram passed on the Tar Heels? 2
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 3
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 5
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 2
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (8)
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season (5)