Jul 13, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Colorado State picked up a late addition for next season on Friday night with the signing of Brazilian guard Enrico Bueno, per a report from Latin Basket. The news of Bueno’s signing comes days after the Rams announced the departure of guard Jordan Mason, who is transferring elsewhere.
Bueno, a 6’4 guard, spent some of his high school career in the United States — most recently at IMG Academy in Florida — and also played at Adidas Nations. Bueno also spent time on the Brazilian national team, playing at the U15, U17 and U18 levels.
“My expectation is to achieve a fast adaptation and get my space on the team. I know that for this to occur, I need to work hard [sic] the fundamentals, especially on defense, and improve more and more my long distance shots, wich [sic] is one of my characteristics,” Bueno told Latin Basket about the commitment.
The Rams already have a Brazilian on the roster in senior forward Gerson Santo, so that should help ease any transition for Bueno.
Colorado State added two transfers last week in forwards Dantiel Daniels (Southern Illinois) and Stanton Kidd (North Carolina Central) and also added former Navy forward J.J. Avila in April. The Rams will also welcome incoming freshman guards Carlton Hurst and David Cohn as well as junior college forward Marcus Holt to round out the recruiting class.
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (3)