Jul 13, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Colorado State picked up a late addition for next season on Friday night with the signing of Brazilian guard Enrico Bueno, per a report from Latin Basket. The news of Bueno’s signing comes days after the Rams announced the departure of guard Jordan Mason, who is transferring elsewhere.
Bueno, a 6’4 guard, spent some of his high school career in the United States — most recently at IMG Academy in Florida — and also played at Adidas Nations. Bueno also spent time on the Brazilian national team, playing at the U15, U17 and U18 levels.
“My expectation is to achieve a fast adaptation and get my space on the team. I know that for this to occur, I need to work hard [sic] the fundamentals, especially on defense, and improve more and more my long distance shots, wich [sic] is one of my characteristics,” Bueno told Latin Basket about the commitment.
The Rams already have a Brazilian on the roster in senior forward Gerson Santo, so that should help ease any transition for Bueno.
Colorado State added two transfers last week in forwards Dantiel Daniels (Southern Illinois) and Stanton Kidd (North Carolina Central) and also added former Navy forward J.J. Avila in April. The Rams will also welcome incoming freshman guards Carlton Hurst and David Cohn as well as junior college forward Marcus Holt to round out the recruiting class.
- Bubble Banter: Nebraska’s marquee win, St. Joseph’s problematic loss 0
- Turnovers help Ohio State beat No. 22 Michigan State in regular season finale 1
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed 7
- Jabari Parker, Rodney Hood score 54 in No. 4 Duke’s win over No. 14 UNC 0
- Bubble Banter: Oregon, Tennessee headline Saturday’s early winners 0
- Creighton’s Doug McDermott scores his 3,000th point (VIDEO) 0
- Oregon’s big win over No. 3 Arizona caps impressive regular season turnaround 1
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (8)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- South Carolina suspends Frank Martin for regular season finale at Mississippi State (5)