Jul 13, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Colorado State picked up a late addition for next season on Friday night with the signing of Brazilian guard Enrico Bueno, per a report from Latin Basket. The news of Bueno’s signing comes days after the Rams announced the departure of guard Jordan Mason, who is transferring elsewhere.
Bueno, a 6’4 guard, spent some of his high school career in the United States — most recently at IMG Academy in Florida — and also played at Adidas Nations. Bueno also spent time on the Brazilian national team, playing at the U15, U17 and U18 levels.
“My expectation is to achieve a fast adaptation and get my space on the team. I know that for this to occur, I need to work hard [sic] the fundamentals, especially on defense, and improve more and more my long distance shots, wich [sic] is one of my characteristics,” Bueno told Latin Basket about the commitment.
The Rams already have a Brazilian on the roster in senior forward Gerson Santo, so that should help ease any transition for Bueno.
Colorado State added two transfers last week in forwards Dantiel Daniels (Southern Illinois) and Stanton Kidd (North Carolina Central) and also added former Navy forward J.J. Avila in April. The Rams will also welcome incoming freshman guards Carlton Hurst and David Cohn as well as junior college forward Marcus Holt to round out the recruiting class.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 37
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (37)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)