Jul 13, 2013, 10:00 AM EST
Colorado State picked up a late addition for next season on Friday night with the signing of Brazilian guard Enrico Bueno, per a report from Latin Basket. The news of Bueno’s signing comes days after the Rams announced the departure of guard Jordan Mason, who is transferring elsewhere.
Bueno, a 6’4 guard, spent some of his high school career in the United States — most recently at IMG Academy in Florida — and also played at Adidas Nations. Bueno also spent time on the Brazilian national team, playing at the U15, U17 and U18 levels.
“My expectation is to achieve a fast adaptation and get my space on the team. I know that for this to occur, I need to work hard [sic] the fundamentals, especially on defense, and improve more and more my long distance shots, wich [sic] is one of my characteristics,” Bueno told Latin Basket about the commitment.
The Rams already have a Brazilian on the roster in senior forward Gerson Santo, so that should help ease any transition for Bueno.
Colorado State added two transfers last week in forwards Dantiel Daniels (Southern Illinois) and Stanton Kidd (North Carolina Central) and also added former Navy forward J.J. Avila in April. The Rams will also welcome incoming freshman guards Carlton Hurst and David Cohn as well as junior college forward Marcus Holt to round out the recruiting class.
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 1
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 2
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)