Jul 13, 2013, 4:38 PM EDT
What do you do when you’re a national title winner?
If you’re Russ Smith, you declare yourself to be a mythical creature, then proceed to hit the local history museum to prove your point.
The indispensible Card Chronicle tracked down a local TV station’s video of the man formerly known as Russdiculous, who has spent some of his summer downtime signing autographs for kids at the Frazier History Museum. He was a natural fit for the museum’s Mythical Creatures exhibit.
Watch the video to get more of Smith’s priceless facial expressions, cosplay moments, and inventive grammar. He explains how he got his new nickname “The Myth”, and let me tell you, his best friends’ nicknames are not to shabby either:
The newly-formed AAC might only get one year of Louisville’s services before the Cards move on to the ACC, but they should thank their lucky stars that season will include The Myth.
Eric Angevine is the editor of Storming the Floor. He tweets @stfhoops.
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 0
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 0
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)