Jul 13, 2013, 4:38 PM EDT
What do you do when you’re a national title winner?
If you’re Russ Smith, you declare yourself to be a mythical creature, then proceed to hit the local history museum to prove your point.
The indispensible Card Chronicle tracked down a local TV station’s video of the man formerly known as Russdiculous, who has spent some of his summer downtime signing autographs for kids at the Frazier History Museum. He was a natural fit for the museum’s Mythical Creatures exhibit.
Watch the video to get more of Smith’s priceless facial expressions, cosplay moments, and inventive grammar. He explains how he got his new nickname “The Myth”, and let me tell you, his best friends’ nicknames are not to shabby either:
The newly-formed AAC might only get one year of Louisville’s services before the Cards move on to the ACC, but they should thank their lucky stars that season will include The Myth.
Eric Angevine is the editor of Storming the Floor. He tweets @stfhoops.
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- AAU Nationals Friday Recap: Event moves to Louisville, Bruce Brown plays well, Noah Dickerson updates recruitment 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 3
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)