Jul 13, 2013, 4:38 PM EDT
What do you do when you’re a national title winner?
If you’re Russ Smith, you declare yourself to be a mythical creature, then proceed to hit the local history museum to prove your point.
The indispensible Card Chronicle tracked down a local TV station’s video of the man formerly known as Russdiculous, who has spent some of his summer downtime signing autographs for kids at the Frazier History Museum. He was a natural fit for the museum’s Mythical Creatures exhibit.
Watch the video to get more of Smith’s priceless facial expressions, cosplay moments, and inventive grammar. He explains how he got his new nickname “The Myth”, and let me tell you, his best friends’ nicknames are not to shabby either:
The newly-formed AAC might only get one year of Louisville’s services before the Cards move on to the ACC, but they should thank their lucky stars that season will include The Myth.
Eric Angevine is the editor of Storming the Floor. He tweets @stfhoops.
- Bubble Banter: Nebraska’s marquee win, St. Joseph’s problematic loss 0
- Turnovers help Ohio State beat No. 22 Michigan State in regular season finale 1
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed 8
- Jabari Parker, Rodney Hood score 54 in No. 4 Duke’s win over No. 14 UNC 0
- Bubble Banter: Oregon, Tennessee headline Saturday’s early winners 0
- Creighton’s Doug McDermott scores his 3,000th point (VIDEO) 0
- Oregon’s big win over No. 3 Arizona caps impressive regular season turnaround 1
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (8)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- South Carolina suspends Frank Martin for regular season finale at Mississippi State (5)