Jul 13, 2013, 4:38 PM EDT
What do you do when you’re a national title winner?
If you’re Russ Smith, you declare yourself to be a mythical creature, then proceed to hit the local history museum to prove your point.
The indispensible Card Chronicle tracked down a local TV station’s video of the man formerly known as Russdiculous, who has spent some of his summer downtime signing autographs for kids at the Frazier History Museum. He was a natural fit for the museum’s Mythical Creatures exhibit.
Watch the video to get more of Smith’s priceless facial expressions, cosplay moments, and inventive grammar. He explains how he got his new nickname “The Myth”, and let me tell you, his best friends’ nicknames are not to shabby either:
The newly-formed AAC might only get one year of Louisville’s services before the Cards move on to the ACC, but they should thank their lucky stars that season will include The Myth.
Eric Angevine is the editor of Storming the Floor. He tweets @stfhoops.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)