Jul 14, 2013, 3:45 PM EST
Last Thursday, the YES Network — the most watched regional sports network in the country the past 10 years — announced they will televise ACC basketball and football games and Big East basketball games beginning this fall.
As part of the deal with FOX Sports Media Group, who is a minority owner of the YES Network, YES will televise up to ten ACC football games and up to 23 men’s ACC basketball games, as well as select women’s games. YES will also televise up to 10 Big East basketball games.
Jeff Krolik, executive vice president of FOX Sports regional networks, had this to say about the partnership:
We’re proud to partner with the YES Network to televise Big East and ACC games to fans, students, and alumni throughout the New York area. New York is one of the traditional strongholds of the Big East, and now that the ACC is also represented through Syracuse, there should be a great deal of regional interest in these games.
It seemed just a few years ago that ESPN and ESPN2 were the only networks where fans could get their college hoops fill. But with the advent of ESPNU in 2005 and more recently with NBC Sports Network and CBS Sports Network coming into the fold, and now the YES Network beginning to televise games, there are more and more outlets picking up college basketball games. Added exposure with more games on television — that’s a win for the sport and its fans.
You can find Kevin on twitter @KLDoyle11
- Why Duke’s road win at Virginia was so shocking 3
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 1
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)
- Jerian Grant turns back fans trying to storm the floor after Duke win (GIF) (4)