Jul 14, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Last Thursday, the YES Network — the most watched regional sports network in the country the past 10 years — announced they will televise ACC basketball and football games and Big East basketball games beginning this fall.
As part of the deal with FOX Sports Media Group, who is a minority owner of the YES Network, YES will televise up to ten ACC football games and up to 23 men’s ACC basketball games, as well as select women’s games. YES will also televise up to 10 Big East basketball games.
Jeff Krolik, executive vice president of FOX Sports regional networks, had this to say about the partnership:
We’re proud to partner with the YES Network to televise Big East and ACC games to fans, students, and alumni throughout the New York area. New York is one of the traditional strongholds of the Big East, and now that the ACC is also represented through Syracuse, there should be a great deal of regional interest in these games.
It seemed just a few years ago that ESPN and ESPN2 were the only networks where fans could get their college hoops fill. But with the advent of ESPNU in 2005 and more recently with NBC Sports Network and CBS Sports Network coming into the fold, and now the YES Network beginning to televise games, there are more and more outlets picking up college basketball games. Added exposure with more games on television — that’s a win for the sport and its fans.
You can find Kevin on twitter @KLDoyle11
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 2
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)