Jul 14, 2013, 3:45 PM EST
Last Thursday, the YES Network — the most watched regional sports network in the country the past 10 years — announced they will televise ACC basketball and football games and Big East basketball games beginning this fall.
As part of the deal with FOX Sports Media Group, who is a minority owner of the YES Network, YES will televise up to ten ACC football games and up to 23 men’s ACC basketball games, as well as select women’s games. YES will also televise up to 10 Big East basketball games.
Jeff Krolik, executive vice president of FOX Sports regional networks, had this to say about the partnership:
We’re proud to partner with the YES Network to televise Big East and ACC games to fans, students, and alumni throughout the New York area. New York is one of the traditional strongholds of the Big East, and now that the ACC is also represented through Syracuse, there should be a great deal of regional interest in these games.
It seemed just a few years ago that ESPN and ESPN2 were the only networks where fans could get their college hoops fill. But with the advent of ESPNU in 2005 and more recently with NBC Sports Network and CBS Sports Network coming into the fold, and now the YES Network beginning to televise games, there are more and more outlets picking up college basketball games. Added exposure with more games on television — that’s a win for the sport and its fans.
You can find Kevin on twitter @KLDoyle11
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 31
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)