Jul 15, 2013, 10:17 AM EDT
Like many of you, I was born well after Wilt Chamberlain’s playing career had come to an end.
But thanks to a video that popped up over the weekend on a youtube channel called “Wilt Chamberlain Archive”, we can get a sense of just how dominant the former Kansas Jayhawk was at the college level.
The video shows 20 minutes of highlights from the Jayhawk’s run to the 1957 title game, where they lost to North Carolina in triple overtime. Chamberlain was named MVP of the tournament after averaged 32.2 points, 15.2 boards and 6.6 blocks.
(h/t The Dagger)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 0
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 3
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- Karl-Anthony Towns becomes Kentucky’s third top overall pick in program history 1
- Syracuse makes it official that Mike Hopkins will take over in 2018 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- Five-star guard to announce college choice Wednesday evening (5)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Jamal Murray’s commitment a huge boost for Kentucky (4)