Jul 15, 2013, 10:17 AM EDT
Like many of you, I was born well after Wilt Chamberlain’s playing career had come to an end.
But thanks to a video that popped up over the weekend on a youtube channel called “Wilt Chamberlain Archive”, we can get a sense of just how dominant the former Kansas Jayhawk was at the college level.
The video shows 20 minutes of highlights from the Jayhawk’s run to the 1957 title game, where they lost to North Carolina in triple overtime. Chamberlain was named MVP of the tournament after averaged 32.2 points, 15.2 boards and 6.6 blocks.
(h/t The Dagger)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)