Jul 15, 2013, 5:12 PM EDT
D’Angelo Harrison’s career at St. John’s is not over yet.
The fiery scoring guard was suspended from the team for the rest of the season on March 1st for a series of team rule violations and insubordination. But when you average 17.8 points as a sophomore, it’s not that easy to cut the cord, which is why head coach Steve Lavin gave Harrison a chance to earn his way back on the team.
It looks like Harrison has made the most of his opportunity.
He will be practicing and traveling with the team during their trip mid-August trip to Italy and France, which will be his first chance to work his way back into Lavin’s good graces on the court.
Bringing Harrison back into the mix can be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on if he’s made the changes he needs to make. There is no questioning Harrison’s ability to score; but there are also times where Harrison can become a shoot-first primadonna, the kind of talent that can be an addition by subtraction.
The Johnnies should be pretty good next season in the new Big East. They return quite a bit of talent from last season — including Jakarr Sampson, Chris Obekpa and Phil Greene — while adding transfers Orlando Sanchez and Max Hooper, redshirt senior God’sgift Achiuwa, and freshman Rysheed Jordan.
There are plenty of bodies and certainly enough talent on that roster for St. John’s to make a run at an NCAA tournament berth.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
Sep 30, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
A former Baylor commit is suing his former high school for allegedly altering his grades.
Sep 30, 2014, 9:42 PM EDT
Missouri is losing a wing shooter.
Sep 30, 2014, 8:50 PM EDT
Can an SEC program reel in a top-5 player in the 2015 class during a weekend visit?
Sep 30, 2014, 7:44 PM EDT
Harvard landed another quality recruit.
Sep 30, 2014, 6:20 PM EDT
IUPUI unveiled a new court design this week.
Sep 30, 2014, 5:10 PM EDT
Western Kentucky fans were given three options and selected one for the upcoming season.
Sep 30, 2014, 3:55 PM EDT
NBA teams know all about efficiency stats and advanced analytics. College freshmen and sophomores may not.
Sep 30, 2014, 1:56 PM EDT
Evans may be the best point guard in the Class of 2015, but it’s up for debate.
Sep 30, 2014, 1:17 PM EDT
Ernie Kent lands his third commitment in the Class of 2015.
Sep 30, 2014, 10:22 AM EDT
The pair will replace Digger Phelps and Jalen Rose.
Sep 30, 2014, 8:48 AM EDT
The Owls may not have landed Jalen Brunson, but they did bring in an elite “legacy” in the back court.
Sep 29, 2014, 11:45 PM EDT
Long Beach State has four commits in 2015.
Sep 29, 2014, 9:50 PM EDT
Pauley Pavilion has gone under plenty of changes in the last few seasons and dealt with a flooding issue several months back.
Sep 29, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
UNLV continues to tap into the local powerhouse.
Sep 29, 2014, 7:47 PM EDT
All four commits are ranked in the Rivals150.
Sep 29, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
Spoiler: Kentucky is going to dunk a lot this season.
Sep 29, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
A decision could come within the next three weeks.
Sep 29, 2014, 5:15 PM EDT
John Calipari’s loaded roster has required a new position on the Kentucky staff.
Sep 29, 2014, 3:54 PM EDT
Logwood had previously signed with Auburn.
Sep 29, 2014, 3:13 PM EDT
Spoelstra is now the head coach of the Miami Heat.
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)