Jul 15, 2013, 11:39 AM EDT
Brandon Miller has filled out his coaching staff at Butler.
After deciding to keep both Terry Johnson and Michael Lewis as assistants heading into the 2013-2014 season, Miller has reportedly hired Gardner-Webb head coach Chris Holtmann to fill out his staff. Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com broke the news.
“My staff and players are the reason we had a record-setting year and went to the postseason for the first time,” Holtmann said in a Gardner-Webb release. “The opportunity I am taking at Butler University, working for Brandon Miller, is a wonderful one that was just too strong to pass up for my family.”
Holtmann has been the head man at GWU for three seasons, having taken over the program in 2010. He previous spent five years as an associate head coach at GWU before leaving to take the same position at Ohio for two seasons. He had signed a contract extension in April through the 2018 season.
Gardner-Webb is now the only Division I school without a head coach, which is a problem seeing as we are currently in the middle of the all-important July recruiting period.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)