Jul 15, 2013, 11:39 AM EST
Brandon Miller has filled out his coaching staff at Butler.
After deciding to keep both Terry Johnson and Michael Lewis as assistants heading into the 2013-2014 season, Miller has reportedly hired Gardner-Webb head coach Chris Holtmann to fill out his staff. Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com broke the news.
“My staff and players are the reason we had a record-setting year and went to the postseason for the first time,” Holtmann said in a Gardner-Webb release. “The opportunity I am taking at Butler University, working for Brandon Miller, is a wonderful one that was just too strong to pass up for my family.”
Holtmann has been the head man at GWU for three seasons, having taken over the program in 2010. He previous spent five years as an associate head coach at GWU before leaving to take the same position at Ohio for two seasons. He had signed a contract extension in April through the 2018 season.
Gardner-Webb is now the only Division I school without a head coach, which is a problem seeing as we are currently in the middle of the all-important July recruiting period.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 4
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 3
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 1
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (13)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)