Jul 15, 2013, 12:28 PM EDT
New Mexico has landed the West Coast’s first commitment in the Class of 2015, as 6-foot-6 shooter Dane Kuiper has pledged to new head coach Craig Neal.
Kuiper began his high school career in Alaska, but has since moved to Arizona, where he plays for Corona Del Sol HS (AZ) and the Arizona Power in AAU.
Kuiper is an athletic and lanky wing known for his ability to stroke it from deep. Where he needs to develop is in his ability to score in the mid-range and his handle when being pressured, which is pretty much the scouting report you can give for any player that’s labeled a shooter. With two seasons left in high school before he makes the jump to the Mountain West, Kuiper has plenty of time to develop his game.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 4
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (6)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)