Jul 15, 2013, 12:28 PM EDT
New Mexico has landed the West Coast’s first commitment in the Class of 2015, as 6-foot-6 shooter Dane Kuiper has pledged to new head coach Craig Neal.
Kuiper began his high school career in Alaska, but has since moved to Arizona, where he plays for Corona Del Sol HS (AZ) and the Arizona Power in AAU.
Kuiper is an athletic and lanky wing known for his ability to stroke it from deep. Where he needs to develop is in his ability to score in the mid-range and his handle when being pressured, which is pretty much the scouting report you can give for any player that’s labeled a shooter. With two seasons left in high school before he makes the jump to the Mountain West, Kuiper has plenty of time to develop his game.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)