Jul 15, 2013, 12:28 PM EDT
New Mexico has landed the West Coast’s first commitment in the Class of 2015, as 6-foot-6 shooter Dane Kuiper has pledged to new head coach Craig Neal.
Kuiper began his high school career in Alaska, but has since moved to Arizona, where he plays for Corona Del Sol HS (AZ) and the Arizona Power in AAU.
Kuiper is an athletic and lanky wing known for his ability to stroke it from deep. Where he needs to develop is in his ability to score in the mid-range and his handle when being pressured, which is pretty much the scouting report you can give for any player that’s labeled a shooter. With two seasons left in high school before he makes the jump to the Mountain West, Kuiper has plenty of time to develop his game.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Fixing his flaws: How Kris Dunn has attacked the two weaknesses in his game 0
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 2
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble (2)
- Marquette coaches discuss daily ‘noon ball’ tradition (VIDEO) (2)
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? (2)