Jul 15, 2013, 12:28 PM EDT
New Mexico has landed the West Coast’s first commitment in the Class of 2015, as 6-foot-6 shooter Dane Kuiper has pledged to new head coach Craig Neal.
Kuiper began his high school career in Alaska, but has since moved to Arizona, where he plays for Corona Del Sol HS (AZ) and the Arizona Power in AAU.
Kuiper is an athletic and lanky wing known for his ability to stroke it from deep. Where he needs to develop is in his ability to score in the mid-range and his handle when being pressured, which is pretty much the scouting report you can give for any player that’s labeled a shooter. With two seasons left in high school before he makes the jump to the Mountain West, Kuiper has plenty of time to develop his game.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (3)