Jul 15, 2013, 12:28 PM EDT
New Mexico has landed the West Coast’s first commitment in the Class of 2015, as 6-foot-6 shooter Dane Kuiper has pledged to new head coach Craig Neal.
Kuiper began his high school career in Alaska, but has since moved to Arizona, where he plays for Corona Del Sol HS (AZ) and the Arizona Power in AAU.
Kuiper is an athletic and lanky wing known for his ability to stroke it from deep. Where he needs to develop is in his ability to score in the mid-range and his handle when being pressured, which is pretty much the scouting report you can give for any player that’s labeled a shooter. With two seasons left in high school before he makes the jump to the Mountain West, Kuiper has plenty of time to develop his game.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)