Jul 15, 2013, 2:13 PM EDT
The long and winding road that has been Taran Buie’s collegiate career has taken another turn, as Mark Singelais is reporting that Siena has decided not to admit Buie into school.
Buie is Talor Battle’s half-brother and originally attended Penn State, but after an off-campus fight and a suspension for violating team-rules, Buie got the boot from the Nittany Lion program. He transferred to Hofstra, where he averaged 12.4 points for the Pride, but he was kicked off of that team as well.
Buie eventually committed to Siena, but he will not be admitted to the school.
“Obviously, I’m aware of the mistakes that I’ve made,” Buie told the Times-Union last month. “I know that Siena is a very well-respected program and I don’t want to mark their name in a negative way or anything. But that’s not what I’m looking to do, anyway. I’m fully committed to better myself.”
“I don’t think it’s necessarily convincing them I’m not a bad guy. It’s convincing them I’ll have the experience and control to make the right decisions at all times. I made a few minor mistakes. I take full responsibility for them. But those mistakes don’t define a person, who I am.”
The reason may be that Siena is trying to change the way their program is viewed. In April, Rakeem Brookins was dismissed after stealing a fellow student’s wallet. Another player, Trenity Burdine, was suspended twice last season and won’t be returning to the program.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Bill Self impresses South Korean students with jumper (VIDEO) (3)
- Senior mixtape of 7-foot-6 UCF incoming freshman Tacko Fall (VIDEO) (2)
- Rick Barnes finally addresses accusations against Texas (2)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)
- Alabama self-reported 13 minor violations last academic year, including one for men’s basketball (2)