Jul 15, 2013, 2:13 PM EDT
The long and winding road that has been Taran Buie’s collegiate career has taken another turn, as Mark Singelais is reporting that Siena has decided not to admit Buie into school.
Buie is Talor Battle’s half-brother and originally attended Penn State, but after an off-campus fight and a suspension for violating team-rules, Buie got the boot from the Nittany Lion program. He transferred to Hofstra, where he averaged 12.4 points for the Pride, but he was kicked off of that team as well.
Buie eventually committed to Siena, but he will not be admitted to the school.
“Obviously, I’m aware of the mistakes that I’ve made,” Buie told the Times-Union last month. “I know that Siena is a very well-respected program and I don’t want to mark their name in a negative way or anything. But that’s not what I’m looking to do, anyway. I’m fully committed to better myself.”
“I don’t think it’s necessarily convincing them I’m not a bad guy. It’s convincing them I’ll have the experience and control to make the right decisions at all times. I made a few minor mistakes. I take full responsibility for them. But those mistakes don’t define a person, who I am.”
The reason may be that Siena is trying to change the way their program is viewed. In April, Rakeem Brookins was dismissed after stealing a fellow student’s wallet. Another player, Trenity Burdine, was suspended twice last season and won’t be returning to the program.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)