Jul 15, 2013, 2:13 PM EDT
The long and winding road that has been Taran Buie’s collegiate career has taken another turn, as Mark Singelais is reporting that Siena has decided not to admit Buie into school.
Buie is Talor Battle’s half-brother and originally attended Penn State, but after an off-campus fight and a suspension for violating team-rules, Buie got the boot from the Nittany Lion program. He transferred to Hofstra, where he averaged 12.4 points for the Pride, but he was kicked off of that team as well.
Buie eventually committed to Siena, but he will not be admitted to the school.
“Obviously, I’m aware of the mistakes that I’ve made,” Buie told the Times-Union last month. “I know that Siena is a very well-respected program and I don’t want to mark their name in a negative way or anything. But that’s not what I’m looking to do, anyway. I’m fully committed to better myself.”
“I don’t think it’s necessarily convincing them I’m not a bad guy. It’s convincing them I’ll have the experience and control to make the right decisions at all times. I made a few minor mistakes. I take full responsibility for them. But those mistakes don’t define a person, who I am.”
The reason may be that Siena is trying to change the way their program is viewed. In April, Rakeem Brookins was dismissed after stealing a fellow student’s wallet. Another player, Trenity Burdine, was suspended twice last season and won’t be returning to the program.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 1
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 5
- Frank Kaminsky’s growth results in individual and team benefits for No. 1 Wisconsin 3
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 11
- No. 1 Duke advances to Elite 8 with win over No. 5 Utah 1
- No. 2 Gonzaga gets past No. 11 UCLA to advance to Elite 8 2
- Sources: Rick Barnes not expected to return to Texas 7
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Three ACC, two Big Ten teams in Elite Eight (25)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- NCAA’s Mark Emmert calls Indiana’s religious freedom bill ‘especially concerning’ (20)