Jul 16, 2013, 5:25 PM EST
John Calipari is entering his fifth season as the head coach at the University of Kentucky, amassing 123 victories, two Final Four appearances, and of course, the program’s eighth national championship in 2012.
Coach Cal has put together a highly-touted recruiting class, looking to add another banner in the spring of 2014, though, the UK coach is working on something else for next year. Through his own Twitter feed on Tuesday afternoon, Calipari announced he is writing a book about his experience in Big Blue Nation, entitled, Players First: Success from the Inside Out.
Calipari explained the idea behind the book, in three consecutive tweets:
I’ve been approached many times about doing a book, and I almost always say no, but this one kind of hit home. This book gives me the chance to go in-depth about how we do things at Kentucky and why we do what we do. Michael Sokolove, who is doing the book w/ me, is a New York Times Best Seller. We’ve spent many hours together talking about players first.
In 2010, Bouncing Back: Overcoming Setbacks to Succeed in Business and in Life was released, the last book Calipari had published. An excerpt has already been posted for his new book by The Penguin Press. Fans can order and reserve a copy now.
[h/t CBS Sports]
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)