Jul 16, 2013, 5:25 PM EST
John Calipari is entering his fifth season as the head coach at the University of Kentucky, amassing 123 victories, two Final Four appearances, and of course, the program’s eighth national championship in 2012.
Coach Cal has put together a highly-touted recruiting class, looking to add another banner in the spring of 2014, though, the UK coach is working on something else for next year. Through his own Twitter feed on Tuesday afternoon, Calipari announced he is writing a book about his experience in Big Blue Nation, entitled, Players First: Success from the Inside Out.
Calipari explained the idea behind the book, in three consecutive tweets:
I’ve been approached many times about doing a book, and I almost always say no, but this one kind of hit home. This book gives me the chance to go in-depth about how we do things at Kentucky and why we do what we do. Michael Sokolove, who is doing the book w/ me, is a New York Times Best Seller. We’ve spent many hours together talking about players first.
In 2010, Bouncing Back: Overcoming Setbacks to Succeed in Business and in Life was released, the last book Calipari had published. An excerpt has already been posted for his new book by The Penguin Press. Fans can order and reserve a copy now.
[h/t CBS Sports]
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 1
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 1
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)