Jul 16, 2013, 5:25 PM EDT
John Calipari is entering his fifth season as the head coach at the University of Kentucky, amassing 123 victories, two Final Four appearances, and of course, the program’s eighth national championship in 2012.
Coach Cal has put together a highly-touted recruiting class, looking to add another banner in the spring of 2014, though, the UK coach is working on something else for next year. Through his own Twitter feed on Tuesday afternoon, Calipari announced he is writing a book about his experience in Big Blue Nation, entitled, Players First: Success from the Inside Out.
Calipari explained the idea behind the book, in three consecutive tweets:
I’ve been approached many times about doing a book, and I almost always say no, but this one kind of hit home. This book gives me the chance to go in-depth about how we do things at Kentucky and why we do what we do. Michael Sokolove, who is doing the book w/ me, is a New York Times Best Seller. We’ve spent many hours together talking about players first.
In 2010, Bouncing Back: Overcoming Setbacks to Succeed in Business and in Life was released, the last book Calipari had published. An excerpt has already been posted for his new book by The Penguin Press. Fans can order and reserve a copy now.
[h/t CBS Sports]
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)