Jul 16, 2013, 5:25 PM EDT
John Calipari is entering his fifth season as the head coach at the University of Kentucky, amassing 123 victories, two Final Four appearances, and of course, the program’s eighth national championship in 2012.
Coach Cal has put together a highly-touted recruiting class, looking to add another banner in the spring of 2014, though, the UK coach is working on something else for next year. Through his own Twitter feed on Tuesday afternoon, Calipari announced he is writing a book about his experience in Big Blue Nation, entitled, Players First: Success from the Inside Out.
Calipari explained the idea behind the book, in three consecutive tweets:
I’ve been approached many times about doing a book, and I almost always say no, but this one kind of hit home. This book gives me the chance to go in-depth about how we do things at Kentucky and why we do what we do. Michael Sokolove, who is doing the book w/ me, is a New York Times Best Seller. We’ve spent many hours together talking about players first.
In 2010, Bouncing Back: Overcoming Setbacks to Succeed in Business and in Life was released, the last book Calipari had published. An excerpt has already been posted for his new book by The Penguin Press. Fans can order and reserve a copy now.
[h/t CBS Sports]
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 1
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Maryland transfer eligible this season at Georgia Tech (3)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)
- Newspaper apologizes for its illustration of Kentucky head coach John Calipari (2)