Jul 16, 2013, 5:25 PM EDT
John Calipari is entering his fifth season as the head coach at the University of Kentucky, amassing 123 victories, two Final Four appearances, and of course, the program’s eighth national championship in 2012.
Coach Cal has put together a highly-touted recruiting class, looking to add another banner in the spring of 2014, though, the UK coach is working on something else for next year. Through his own Twitter feed on Tuesday afternoon, Calipari announced he is writing a book about his experience in Big Blue Nation, entitled, Players First: Success from the Inside Out.
Calipari explained the idea behind the book, in three consecutive tweets:
I’ve been approached many times about doing a book, and I almost always say no, but this one kind of hit home. This book gives me the chance to go in-depth about how we do things at Kentucky and why we do what we do. Michael Sokolove, who is doing the book w/ me, is a New York Times Best Seller. We’ve spent many hours together talking about players first.
In 2010, Bouncing Back: Overcoming Setbacks to Succeed in Business and in Life was released, the last book Calipari had published. An excerpt has already been posted for his new book by The Penguin Press. Fans can order and reserve a copy now.
[h/t CBS Sports]
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 0
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)