Jul 16, 2013, 1:24 PM EST
Kevin Willard got on the board with his first commitment in the Class of 2014, as 6-foot-7 combo-forward Ismael Sanogo announced his intention to go to Seton Hall on Tuesday, which just so happened to be his 17th birthday.
Sanogo is a product of the NJ Roadrunners AAU program and attends Newark East Side high school. Part of the reason that he committed to the Pirates was his connection with Shaheen Holloway, another Roadrunners alum.
As of now, Sanogo is more of an athlete than he is a basketball player, but he jump shot has started to come around and he’s been working on his ball-handling in order to make the move to the perimeter. Where he excels is that he plays hard and goes hard to the glass.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Team 0
- CBT Weekly Roundtable: Who are the top five teams as of today? 1
- The Chase for 180: Jahii Carson’s improved jump shot 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top Ten Most Surprising Teams 1
- Two losses in a row? Three in 11 days? Oh well. Don’t give up on Kansas just yet 2
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (4)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- Late Night Snacks: Rhode Island rivalry and VCU’s overtime (2)
- Wisconsin guard George Marshall seeking transfer (2)
- Kansas lost, but Jayhawk fans should be happy after the Colorado game (2)