Jul 16, 2013, 1:24 PM EST
Kevin Willard got on the board with his first commitment in the Class of 2014, as 6-foot-7 combo-forward Ismael Sanogo announced his intention to go to Seton Hall on Tuesday, which just so happened to be his 17th birthday.
Sanogo is a product of the NJ Roadrunners AAU program and attends Newark East Side high school. Part of the reason that he committed to the Pirates was his connection with Shaheen Holloway, another Roadrunners alum.
As of now, Sanogo is more of an athlete than he is a basketball player, but he jump shot has started to come around and he’s been working on his ball-handling in order to make the move to the perimeter. Where he excels is that he plays hard and goes hard to the glass.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 1
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)