Jul 16, 2013, 1:24 PM EDT
Kevin Willard got on the board with his first commitment in the Class of 2014, as 6-foot-7 combo-forward Ismael Sanogo announced his intention to go to Seton Hall on Tuesday, which just so happened to be his 17th birthday.
Sanogo is a product of the NJ Roadrunners AAU program and attends Newark East Side high school. Part of the reason that he committed to the Pirates was his connection with Shaheen Holloway, another Roadrunners alum.
As of now, Sanogo is more of an athlete than he is a basketball player, but he jump shot has started to come around and he’s been working on his ball-handling in order to make the move to the perimeter. Where he excels is that he plays hard and goes hard to the glass.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- July Live Period Preview: The events to keep an eye on in Vegas this week 0
- Contender for No. 1 in 2016 class, Harry Giles, cuts list to five 10
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- Maryland fans still hate Mike Krzyzewski (8)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Are college teams going to be available on NBA 2K? (3)