Jul 16, 2013, 1:24 PM EDT
Kevin Willard got on the board with his first commitment in the Class of 2014, as 6-foot-7 combo-forward Ismael Sanogo announced his intention to go to Seton Hall on Tuesday, which just so happened to be his 17th birthday.
Sanogo is a product of the NJ Roadrunners AAU program and attends Newark East Side high school. Part of the reason that he committed to the Pirates was his connection with Shaheen Holloway, another Roadrunners alum.
As of now, Sanogo is more of an athlete than he is a basketball player, but he jump shot has started to come around and he’s been working on his ball-handling in order to make the move to the perimeter. Where he excels is that he plays hard and goes hard to the glass.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Gregg Marshall to remain at Wichita State, won’t visit Alabama 1
- Maryland point guard Melo Trimble to return for sophomore season 5
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see (22)