Jul 16, 2013, 1:24 PM EDT
Kevin Willard got on the board with his first commitment in the Class of 2014, as 6-foot-7 combo-forward Ismael Sanogo announced his intention to go to Seton Hall on Tuesday, which just so happened to be his 17th birthday.
Sanogo is a product of the NJ Roadrunners AAU program and attends Newark East Side high school. Part of the reason that he committed to the Pirates was his connection with Shaheen Holloway, another Roadrunners alum.
As of now, Sanogo is more of an athlete than he is a basketball player, but he jump shot has started to come around and he’s been working on his ball-handling in order to make the move to the perimeter. Where he excels is that he plays hard and goes hard to the glass.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Former Villanova guard headed to Oregon for final season 0
- Looking Forward: Seven coaches who’ll enter 2015-16 on the ‘hot seat’ 1
- Looking Forward: The eight most intriguing coaching hires of 2015 2
- John Calipari: ‘If you ask me if I’m ever going to platoon again, my answer is NO’ 6
- Looking Forward: Potential Breakout Stars in 2015-16 8
- How Jaylen Brown’s commitment made a huge impact on the finalists recruiting him 5
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 5
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique (12)
- Looking Forward: Potential Breakout Stars in 2015-16 (8)
- Report: Five-star small forward Jaylen Brown cuts list to four (6)
- John Calipari: ‘If you ask me if I’m ever going to platoon again, my answer is NO’ (6)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (5)