Jul 16, 2013, 1:24 PM EDT
Kevin Willard got on the board with his first commitment in the Class of 2014, as 6-foot-7 combo-forward Ismael Sanogo announced his intention to go to Seton Hall on Tuesday, which just so happened to be his 17th birthday.
Sanogo is a product of the NJ Roadrunners AAU program and attends Newark East Side high school. Part of the reason that he committed to the Pirates was his connection with Shaheen Holloway, another Roadrunners alum.
As of now, Sanogo is more of an athlete than he is a basketball player, but he jump shot has started to come around and he’s been working on his ball-handling in order to make the move to the perimeter. Where he excels is that he plays hard and goes hard to the glass.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)