Jul 17, 2013, 12:02 PM EDT
I’m sure that most people reading this post will remember Eddie House as the fiery jumpshooter that spent 11 years as a bench player in the NBA, most notably for the Celtics during their championship run in 2008.
I’ll always remember Eddie House as the volume scorer that starred at Arizona State in the late-90s, the guy that went for a ridiculous 61 points against Cal in January of 2000 and who finished his Sun Devil career with a record 2,044 points.
And now, House will officially become one of the Sun Devil greats, as his No. 5 jersey will be sent up to the Wells Fargo Arena rafters, alongside other ASU greats Jumpin’ Joe Caldwell, Byron Scott, Lionel Hollins and Fat Lever.
House was the first Sun Devil to win Pac-10 Player of the Year honors. Those 61 points he scored tied Lew Alcindor’s conference scoring record. If only he hadn’t missed that one free throw, finishing 18-19 from the free throw line.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Kyle Wiltjer to return to Gonzaga for his senior season 0
- Utah’s Jakob Poeltl will return to school for his sophomore season 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Former Kansas State guard transferring to Creighton 0
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)