Jul 17, 2013, 12:02 PM EDT
I’m sure that most people reading this post will remember Eddie House as the fiery jumpshooter that spent 11 years as a bench player in the NBA, most notably for the Celtics during their championship run in 2008.
I’ll always remember Eddie House as the volume scorer that starred at Arizona State in the late-90s, the guy that went for a ridiculous 61 points against Cal in January of 2000 and who finished his Sun Devil career with a record 2,044 points.
And now, House will officially become one of the Sun Devil greats, as his No. 5 jersey will be sent up to the Wells Fargo Arena rafters, alongside other ASU greats Jumpin’ Joe Caldwell, Byron Scott, Lionel Hollins and Fat Lever.
House was the first Sun Devil to win Pac-10 Player of the Year honors. Those 61 points he scored tied Lew Alcindor’s conference scoring record. If only he hadn’t missed that one free throw, finishing 18-19 from the free throw line.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)