Jul 17, 2013, 12:02 PM EST
I’m sure that most people reading this post will remember Eddie House as the fiery jumpshooter that spent 11 years as a bench player in the NBA, most notably for the Celtics during their championship run in 2008.
I’ll always remember Eddie House as the volume scorer that starred at Arizona State in the late-90s, the guy that went for a ridiculous 61 points against Cal in January of 2000 and who finished his Sun Devil career with a record 2,044 points.
And now, House will officially become one of the Sun Devil greats, as his No. 5 jersey will be sent up to the Wells Fargo Arena rafters, alongside other ASU greats Jumpin’ Joe Caldwell, Byron Scott, Lionel Hollins and Fat Lever.
House was the first Sun Devil to win Pac-10 Player of the Year honors. Those 61 points he scored tied Lew Alcindor’s conference scoring record. If only he hadn’t missed that one free throw, finishing 18-19 from the free throw line.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (11)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (10)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)