Jul 17, 2013, 12:02 PM EST
I’m sure that most people reading this post will remember Eddie House as the fiery jumpshooter that spent 11 years as a bench player in the NBA, most notably for the Celtics during their championship run in 2008.
I’ll always remember Eddie House as the volume scorer that starred at Arizona State in the late-90s, the guy that went for a ridiculous 61 points against Cal in January of 2000 and who finished his Sun Devil career with a record 2,044 points.
And now, House will officially become one of the Sun Devil greats, as his No. 5 jersey will be sent up to the Wells Fargo Arena rafters, alongside other ASU greats Jumpin’ Joe Caldwell, Byron Scott, Lionel Hollins and Fat Lever.
House was the first Sun Devil to win Pac-10 Player of the Year honors. Those 61 points he scored tied Lew Alcindor’s conference scoring record. If only he hadn’t missed that one free throw, finishing 18-19 from the free throw line.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 8
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 14
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (14)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)