Jul 17, 2013, 1:12 PM EDT
Things are going well for John Beilein these days.
He’s coming off of a run to the national title game where he coached the National Player of the Year in Trey Burke. He lost two players to early entry off of that team, Burke and Tim Hardaway Jr., but they both went in the first round. He did get two potential lottery picks back, Mitch McGary and Glenn Robinson III, and has a team that will find themselves in the top ten of just about every preseason poll heading into next season.
Oh, and should I mention that the only coach to win at least 20 games in a season at in Junior College, NAIA, Division III, and Division I has just signed a three-year contract extension?
Michigan announced it on Wednesday. He’ll be making $2.45 million a year for the next six years. Pcket change, right?
“I am very excited to have this opportunity to coach at the University of Michigan for at least five more years,” Beilein said in a statement. “I am grateful that President Coleman and Dave Brandon are pleased with the direction of our program and have extended this offer of agreement. My staff and I will continue to work every day with our student-athletes to ensure they grow from this incredible educational opportunity. At the same time, competing for Big Ten championship will be the goal each and every year.”
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 4
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 3
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (7)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)