Jul 17, 2013, 1:12 PM EDT
Things are going well for John Beilein these days.
He’s coming off of a run to the national title game where he coached the National Player of the Year in Trey Burke. He lost two players to early entry off of that team, Burke and Tim Hardaway Jr., but they both went in the first round. He did get two potential lottery picks back, Mitch McGary and Glenn Robinson III, and has a team that will find themselves in the top ten of just about every preseason poll heading into next season.
Oh, and should I mention that the only coach to win at least 20 games in a season at in Junior College, NAIA, Division III, and Division I has just signed a three-year contract extension?
Michigan announced it on Wednesday. He’ll be making $2.45 million a year for the next six years. Pcket change, right?
“I am very excited to have this opportunity to coach at the University of Michigan for at least five more years,” Beilein said in a statement. “I am grateful that President Coleman and Dave Brandon are pleased with the direction of our program and have extended this offer of agreement. My staff and I will continue to work every day with our student-athletes to ensure they grow from this incredible educational opportunity. At the same time, competing for Big Ten championship will be the goal each and every year.”
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)