Jul 18, 2013, 12:17 PM EST
Marcus Smart isn’t the only collegian attending the U.S. Men’s National team minicamp in Las Vegas this week.
Two-time all-american Doug McDermott of Creighton will be joining him there as well, according to a report from Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com.
Now would be a good time to mention that McDermott is walking on to the Bluejay team this season after Grant Gibbs received a sixth-year of eligibility. So not only will Creighton have a two-time all-american, a favorite to be named preseason National Player of the Year and a guy who averaged 23.2 points and 7.2 boards walking on next season, they’ll have a college player that spent the summer working out with our country’s senior national team.
Greatest walk-on ever?
Greatest walk-on ever.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game 0
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (5)
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss (3)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)