Jul 18, 2013, 12:17 PM EDT
Marcus Smart isn’t the only collegian attending the U.S. Men’s National team minicamp in Las Vegas this week.
Two-time all-american Doug McDermott of Creighton will be joining him there as well, according to a report from Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com.
Now would be a good time to mention that McDermott is walking on to the Bluejay team this season after Grant Gibbs received a sixth-year of eligibility. So not only will Creighton have a two-time all-american, a favorite to be named preseason National Player of the Year and a guy who averaged 23.2 points and 7.2 boards walking on next season, they’ll have a college player that spent the summer working out with our country’s senior national team.
Greatest walk-on ever?
Greatest walk-on ever.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 26
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 6
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (26)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (6)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)