Jul 18, 2013, 12:17 PM EST
Marcus Smart isn’t the only collegian attending the U.S. Men’s National team minicamp in Las Vegas this week.
Two-time all-american Doug McDermott of Creighton will be joining him there as well, according to a report from Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com.
Now would be a good time to mention that McDermott is walking on to the Bluejay team this season after Grant Gibbs received a sixth-year of eligibility. So not only will Creighton have a two-time all-american, a favorite to be named preseason National Player of the Year and a guy who averaged 23.2 points and 7.2 boards walking on next season, they’ll have a college player that spent the summer working out with our country’s senior national team.
Greatest walk-on ever?
Greatest walk-on ever.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Wisconsin wins 2014 Battle 4 Atlantis with 69-56 win over Oklahoma 0
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 1
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)