Jul 18, 2013, 12:17 PM EDT
Marcus Smart isn’t the only collegian attending the U.S. Men’s National team minicamp in Las Vegas this week.
Two-time all-american Doug McDermott of Creighton will be joining him there as well, according to a report from Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com.
Now would be a good time to mention that McDermott is walking on to the Bluejay team this season after Grant Gibbs received a sixth-year of eligibility. So not only will Creighton have a two-time all-american, a favorite to be named preseason National Player of the Year and a guy who averaged 23.2 points and 7.2 boards walking on next season, they’ll have a college player that spent the summer working out with our country’s senior national team.
Greatest walk-on ever?
Greatest walk-on ever.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Looking Forward: The eight most intriguing coaching hires of 2015 0
- John Calipari: ‘If you ask me if I’m ever going to platoon again, my answer is NO’ 4
- Looking Forward: Potential Breakout Stars in 2015-16 8
- How Jaylen Brown’s commitment made a huge impact on the finalists recruiting him 5
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 4
- Five-star wing Jaylen Brown commits to California 0
- With Billy Donovan headed to Oklahoma City, where does this leave Florida? 5
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique (12)
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? (11)
- Looking Forward: Potential Breakout Stars in 2015-16 (8)
- Report: Five-star small forward Jaylen Brown cuts list to four (6)
- Former Duke guard speaks publicly for first time since dismissal from team (5)