Jul 22, 2013, 6:26 PM EDT
Former LSU cornerback Tyrann Mathieu is known for his exploits on (and off) the football field. Like most athletes though, he can do a lot more than just be a ball hawk and return man for the Tigers, and now, the Arizona Cardinals.
Looks like the Honey Badger can also hoop. Check out the video below of Mathieu taking on foes in an unknown location. (Disclaimer: The song in the video is NSFW.)
Mathieu looks like the kind of player you’d expect at 5-9. Quick, shifty, good at getting into the lane. The form on his jumper is textbook and he definitely has the fast-twitch fibers going with his ability to change direction on a dime.
Two-sport star? Meh, who knows what kind of competition he was playing against — pick-ups game aren’t where you find lock-down defenders — but maybe he could’ve helped out Trent Johnson in his three years on campus (or at least the first two).
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (3)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Len Bias among inductees in Maryland’s 2014 Athletics Hall of Fame class (2)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)