Jul 22, 2013, 6:26 PM EDT
Former LSU cornerback Tyrann Mathieu is known for his exploits on (and off) the football field. Like most athletes though, he can do a lot more than just be a ball hawk and return man for the Tigers, and now, the Arizona Cardinals.
Looks like the Honey Badger can also hoop. Check out the video below of Mathieu taking on foes in an unknown location. (Disclaimer: The song in the video is NSFW.)
Mathieu looks like the kind of player you’d expect at 5-9. Quick, shifty, good at getting into the lane. The form on his jumper is textbook and he definitely has the fast-twitch fibers going with his ability to change direction on a dime.
Two-sport star? Meh, who knows what kind of competition he was playing against — pick-ups game aren’t where you find lock-down defenders — but maybe he could’ve helped out Trent Johnson in his three years on campus (or at least the first two).
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Frank Kaminsky’s growth results in individual and team benefits for No. 1 Wisconsin 0
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 7
- No. 1 Duke advances to Elite 8 with win over No. 5 Utah 1
- No. 2 Gonzaga gets past No. 11 UCLA to advance to Elite 8 2
- Sources: Rick Barnes not expected to return to Texas 7
- Steve Lavin and St. John’s ‘mutually agree’ to part ways 1
- No. 2 Arizona pulls away from No. 6 Xavier, setting up West regional final rematch 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Three ACC, two Big Ten teams in Elite Eight (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- NCAA’s Mark Emmert calls Indiana’s religious freedom bill ‘especially concerning’ (20)